Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: N O T O R I O U S :: A Pointless Game

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It's very dark out today...
    Interesting. A new alliance between Judd and Steve O. I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    In two minutes after my post you went out, took this picture, and then posted it??

One more time. Picture is to be taken after the item is put into play.

I would request that you withdraw the above and play by the spirit of the game.
    I have learned from the master.
    Last edited by Steve O; 01-30-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: shoot, Kitty admitted to taking the ARPANET one 3 days early, and no recriminations then

I don't know where we're at on all of this, but just in case, here is mine for Sherry Rowlands.

From the New York Times:
    "In an average day, the District of Columbia police make 300 to 500 arrests, on a variety of charges, of men and women engaged in prostitution as either ''johns'' or hookers. Yet a spokesman for the Police Department said it had no plans to bring charges against Mr. Morris over his reported frolics at the Jefferson Hotel, or to launch an investigation into whether such charges were warranted."
    Source: https://mobile.nytimes.com/1996/09/0...tolerated.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    In two minutes after my post you went out, took this picture, and then posted it??

One more time. Picture is to be taken after the item is put into play.

I would request that you withdraw the above and play by the spirit of the game.
    Why start now? The way play has gone so far, the rules are more like guidelines, and the only de facto requirement is getting three votes. (I wasn't even aware of the net vs. gross likes distinction.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	df5c504d10c538e4c5b88e308206a324ed6c0fcff9e54a3e131fc3c17aff7464.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	16622

For some of us, who weren't riding around on the weekend with the list in hand... it quickly becomes pointless to even follow.

Name:	tumblr_m13ffqjQtG1r9sh7mo1_500.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	16623

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    For some of us, who weren't riding around on the weekend with the list in hand... it quickly becomes pointless to even follow.

Name:	tumblr_m13ffqjQtG1r9sh7mo1_500.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	16623
    Hey it's me! (Joshua)

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by NemaVeze View Post
    Why start now?
    I am not starting now. These have always been the rules of this game, as posted on the first page of the thread. They are not 'guidelines' (we had this same discussion with calvinball where people made exactly the same argument). In the past this game has been self enforcing. When someone posted a dubious pic, it got voted down. In the current version, that isnt happening as much. I attempted to rely on the peanut gallery. That didnt work. I have made my nudges. That didnt work. I made louder nudges. That has resulted in a couple of people challenging how I am administering my own game. If this still doesnt work, I will implement the rule that Freezers who win a round of Notorious must wait two days before their next submission (the goal - at least in this version of the game (games do evolve) - is to keep NOTORIOUS a game with multiple potential submissions - not one person who spends a Sunday gathering 10 entries in succession and just runs away with the game)

I am fascinated here and elsewhere - when a volunteer-host of a game says "this is the way we will play" - and people squabble with the volunteer-host about what the rules are. As has been said elsewhere, the volunteer gets to decide how to play the reindeer game. Freezers can elect to participate - or not. Feedback is certainly welcome. But squabbling with a volunteer and the way in which that volunteer elects to proceed with a game is a good way to ensure that people dont volunteer in the future.

We will be keepin' the code

Last edited by rcannon100; 01-30-2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Good Dog!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett

Kitty gets the point for Sherry Rowlands

Next: Richard Berendzen

What has been happening here reminds me of the maxim that just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Interesting. A new alliance between Judd and Steve O. I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force.
    Im going to to be Steve Os Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Steve O did in fact ride to the next place in two minutes. If you think the picture that he took in the day looks like it was taken at night then you need to quit pushing your liberal night time fake news agenda.

Lock Bob up! Lock Bob up!