Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who rode the longest 1/1/18 ride?

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Pretty sure the volunteer hosting the pointless prize gets to determine the rules of the game. Respect for those who volunteer.
    Have you totally forgotten the true spirit of Freezing Saddles (and the Forum in general). Name:  ROLF.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  6.6 KB

2. Likes chuxtr, Raymo853, Emm liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Have you totally forgotten the true spirit of Freezing Saddles (and the Forum in general).
    Civil respectful discourse of a bipartisan nature??

4. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Civil respectful discourse of a bipartisan nature??

"Jane you ignorant ----!" So, you are being willfully ignorant.

6. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode a mile while I was in Dade City, FL before heading home and driving 900 miles. I think I should get some sort of percentage credit for being in a car for 900 with my bike in the trunk! Especially on New Years Day!! Even 10% would probably get me close to winning this. (Especially since I left FL willingly to come back to this frigid weather)

8. Likes Bob James, CBGanimal, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    If we have to, I assume we would apply the same rules that Strava does, i.e. rides have to complete within 24 hours...
    A ride lasting several days will be registered on Strava as a single ride and assigned to the day it began.

10. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    "Jane you ignorant ----!"
    Bet few over the age of 40 can read this and no do so in "Akroyd" voice

12. Likes Bob James, rcannon100 liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    A ride lasting several days will be registered on Strava as a single ride and assigned to the day it began.
    Well, I meant for their competitions to ride X miles on day X. Obviously it doesn't make any sense to have a January 1 ride that spans 2 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Why the discord?
    The above example violates the Strava protocol as well as the rule and spirit of the Pointless Prize in question. Add to that Bob J as an example?! He is far from a N00b that does not know how a Garmin, a bike or FS works. He could crush this Pointless Prize with one leg on a balance bike should he chose to....
    I think that's the nicest compliment I ever received...."far from a noob". Thanks.

After my 1st ride I went home, had a nice warm shower, changed into cozy lounging clothes, did some errands, then went out and did my second ride. So I have two distinct and separate rides, with my longest one being 50 miles. So anyone over that has me beat.

As mentioned, the pointless prize volunteer makes all the rules and this one is defined as the longest singe ride. While it doesn't matter for this prize (only the prize volunteer's decision matters), I think a single ride should mean the rider stays in bicycle gear, or for those who wear regular street clothing, is otherwise involved in the same ride while paused (allowing for participating in ride social events, gatherings, errands, etc). But a morning and evening commute should count as be 2 rides, or riding to and from a concert or similar "non-ride" social event should count as 2 rides.

15. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a late twist in plans and a non cycling related, slow healing, injury have conspired to keep me from attending the opening event and playing in this year's reindeer games. I Still don't quite know who did the longest ride 1/1/18. If the winner would like to please step forward with your ride details so I can finish up your very own Golden Ingot. I will figure out how to get it to you.
    In addition to the Golden Ingot which is your to keep you are bestowed with the Super Secure Saddle Bag to carry it in for the entire year. (You will be taking it with you on your rides, right?) Location of said SSSB should be with last year’s 1/1/17 winner.

17. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Vicegrip, didn't realize/remember you were waiting on that still.

... Argh, stupid forum sw keeps giving me a 503 error trying to respond to that post.

Anyway, from the database the winner is Josh Armstrong with a 70.011 mile ride at 8am Jan 1.

19. Likes rcannon100, CBGanimal liked this post