Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who rode the longest 1/1/18 ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Same deal, didn't realize you were blocked, my bad. Assuming there's no longer contention over the definition of ride, I had a 70mi ride on the first as hozn said. I think Eric W has the SSSB, and we can transfer that soon. Vicegrip, I can meet you wherever once the ingot is forged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    A ride lasting several days will be registered on Strava as a single ride and assigned to the day it began.
    This really makes me want to record Freezing Saddles next year as one very long frequently paused ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Well, a late twist in plans and a non cycling related, slow healing, injury have conspired to keep me from attending the opening event and playing in this year's reindeer games.
    It was probably caused by creating that 30-pound Calvinbell. Yes, I weighed it after I lugged it home. But more seriously, I hope you recover quickly!

Post Thanks / Like

How is CalvinBell? He is mostly quiet and just hangs around. 30 pounds? Is that the bell and chain and lock and clapper or just the bell?

Feh, 30# I can do 30# before lunch. Going to have to up my game on the next one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Same deal, didn't realize you were blocked, my bad. Assuming there's no longer contention over the definition of ride, I had a 70mi ride on the first as hozn said. I think Eric W has the SSSB, and we can transfer that soon. Vicegrip, I can meet you wherever once the ingot is forged.
    Congrats! 1/1/18 was a chilly one IIRC. Wil add the temp to this one too. Will PM when it is cooled off and ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Anyway, from the database the winner is Josh Armstrong with a 70.011 mile ride at 8am Jan 1.
    And that last 5 feet, 4 inches made all the difference, beating out whoever had the 70.010 mile ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    And that last 5 feet, 4 inches made all the difference, beating out whoever had the 70.010 mile ride.
    Recount! Then we pull a name from a bowl full of film canisters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    How is CalvinBell? He is mostly quiet and just hangs around. 30 pounds? Is that the bell and chain and lock and clapper or just the bell?
    He's hangin' out at my place waiting to either be put back in play or hung up. It's pretty cool, sounds amazing and I wouldn't mind keeping it for myself! The 30 pounds was the cumulative weight of everything including the clapper, lock, chain and plug.