Likes Likes:  89
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Road and Trail Conditions

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The CCT is completely clear from G-Town to Fletcher's, and the C&O is clear from Fletcher's to Chain Bridge, and the Chain Bridge sidewalk is also clear. Surprisingly, even the ramps up to Chain Bridge were clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Stolen from Huskerdont’s Strava:

it's pretty good. The overpasses have some crunchy ice, but no black ice so far. Spout run especially covered.
    Thief!

I would add that the sublimation of the ice overnight was amazing. The Spout Run overpass was almost clear.

Post Thanks / Like

MVT airport overpasses have some ice on them, but they are still very passable on a road bike. The wooden bridge by the marina north of Old Town is surprisingly clear of ice. South of Old Town on the MVT there are a few patches of ice in unexpected areas (aka not the typical low lying spots where water usually puddles) so be careful if you go out that way. It's 99% clear of ice though from Old Town to Tulane though, so it's an easy ride. The long wooden bridge over Dyke Marsh has a few patches of ice, but luckily not on parts of the bridge where it curves.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

The crushed stone stretches of the Nidda Route between Ginnheim and Bad Vilbel have lots of standing water and puddles, but at least it's not ICE because it's 45°F here instead of in the teens! If it makes you feel any better, we did have a little ice in the form of a short hailstorm while I was riding midday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dawn Patrol

MVT about a third clear (thanks wind) from the Crystal City Connector to the 14th St Bridge. Remainder had less than an inch of snow with no ice. I was on 35 mm Schwalbe Marathons (no studs) and had no trouble. Wind is ripping down the channel so bundle up.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    MVT about a third clear (thanks wind) from the Crystal City Connector to the 14th St Bridge. Remainder had less than an inch of snow with no ice. I was on 35 mm Schwalbe Marathons (no studs) and had no trouble. Wind is ripping down the channel so bundle up.
    Thanks for the report. I rode the bus in today because I was unsure of whether I'd actually be able to see where the trail is. Now I regret my decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabi home

Post Thanks / Like

Arlington had plowed the Custis at some point before the snow stopped, so maybe 1/4 inch of snow on it unless they plow again. I thought I might get fresh tracks but the plow, Charles, and someone else preceded me. I'm going to have to get up earlier next time.

Custis conditions pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180104_063622.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	16024
    Last edited by huskerdont; 01-04-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: pic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Thanks for the report. I rode the bus in today because I was unsure of whether I'd actually be able to see where the trail is. Now I regret my decision.
    I am genuinely baffled. Thought for sure you of all people would be #5-ing it all over the place out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I am genuinely baffled. Thought for sure you of all people would be #5-ing it all over the place out there.
    Some people see snow on the trail and #2 instead.