Likes Likes:  96
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #fs2018dirtybiker - Pointless Prize Mountain for Dirt Miles for Freezing Saddles 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default #fs2018dirtybiker - Pointless Prize Mountain for Dirt Miles for Freezing Saddles 2018

If you do at least a mile on dirt, gravel, or mountain bike trails, put the hashtag #fs2018dirtybiker (all lowercase) into the title of your ride in Strava, and you'll get a point for that ride for the Freezing Saddles 2018 Pointless Prize Dirty Biker contest. If you need ideas where to mountain bike in the area, go to this page on the MORE site: http://www.more-mtb.org/where-to-ride/

I'll spot check to make sure you do at least that 1 mile on dirt and will zap the point if I don't think the criteria's met.

NOTES:
    1. Yes, I will count C&O and gravel rides.
    2. Nope, I don't care if you do ride the dirt on a mountain, hybrid, road, or time trial bike. However, if the trail's gnarly and you're rocking the shoe covers, time trial helmet and aerobars, please post a picture here for laughs.
    3. If the trail is not in the area (DC Metro area) and/or on that MORE list (above), post a pic of the trail with your bike on it in this thread (required) - and optionally in the ride in Strava - so we can all see how sweet it is. Action shots encouraged.
    4. I want to confirm if this is possible with Hozn, but only 1 point max per day, i.e., if you do multiple rides on dirt, you'll still get max credit of 1.
    5. As a separate side prize, post any #fs2018dirtybiker pics in this thread. A favorite will be picked at the end. I generally prefer action shots, i.e., you on the bike gettin' down and dirty.

Have fun, be safe, and always wear your helmet because rocks/roots/tree limbs are always ready to take you down

Snowy Avalon Ride by ricky d, on Flickr

EDIT 3/13/18: Read the following post for more info about contest end date, scoring, and prizes - http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...111#post176111
    Last edited by drevil; 03-13-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fountainhead today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default #fs2018dirtybiker - Pointless Prize Mountain for Dirt Miles for Freezing Saddles 2018

11° at Frederick Watershed

First Ride of 2018 by ricky d, on Flickr
    Last edited by drevil; 01-01-2018 at 11:03 PM.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pimmit Run was fun on the 30m studded tires, but I realized after my ride that the section from Westmorland to Old Chesterbrook is only 0.8 miles. So it doesn't count.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn. If you'd posted this BEFORE the deadline, I might have joined FS again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Damn. If you'd posted this BEFORE the deadline, I might have joined FS again.
    Feel free to register as an alternate. We have already had four people drop out and I only have two more alternates left.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

How much (percentage wise) of the ride had to be on dirt/gravel to qualify?

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    How much (percentage wise) of the ride had to be on dirt/gravel to qualify?
    If you do at least a mile on dirt, gravel, or mountain bike trails,
    Absolute value. Not percentage. (I am counting on this for things like the Tiki Ride which involve both rhode and dirt)

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Absolute value. Not percentage. (I am counting on this for things like the Tiki Ride which involve both rhode and dirt)
    I'm still blaming my cold for my lack of reading comprehension (and anything else I do wrong for the next month).

My first qualifying ride was yesterday, but I didn't stop for any pictures. I looped around the Grüneburgpark and hit several trails in the Volkspark Niddatal in Frankfurt. Just over ten miles total, about six of that on crushed stone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00876.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	16005 This is from 1/3, not 1/1, but a section I rode that day.
    Last edited by consularrider; 01-03-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: add belated photo, but no bike

Post Thanks / Like

Island Creek trails near Springfield
    Attached Images Attached Images