Likes Likes:  96
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: #fs2018dirtybiker - Pointless Prize Mountain for Dirt Miles for Freezing Saddles 2018

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

drevil is still in the desert and I'm still in the rain, just on the other side of the Atlantic! I got 2.05 dirtybiker miles in on today's 32.3 mile loop. The first .23 miles was on gravel from the Walter Kolb tram 18 stop along the A661 to Goldpeppingstraße. Then I had .81 miles of mixed slop between Dortweil and Bad Vibel on the Nidda Route cyclepath. The remaining distances was three separate sloppy sections of the Nidda Route between Harheim and Eschersheim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01318.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	17493 This was actually taken on the A661 gravel sidepath section last week, but I didn't do any other dirtybiker miles that day.

Name:	DSC01335.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	17494 The Nidda Route coming in to Bad Vibel from Dortweil. I have no idea what those bike signs mean here.

Name:	DSC01336.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	17495 While not dirty biker because it's paved, this brush clearing work has added to the mud on the trails. They closed about 100 feet of the trail for this work so I had to backtrack 3/4 of a mile and figure out my own detour. I came out just the other side of the flyover.
    Last edited by consularrider; 03-13-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So unless someone has been holding out on tagging their rides with #fs2018dirtybiker, Consular has smeaaaashed everyone else on throwing a little dirt into his rides:
    https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/dirtybiker

I'm cutting off entries to this competition so that it ends Sunday night 3/18. If you haven't already, please tag appropriately any rides in Strava that include 1 mile or more of dirt with #fs2018dirtybiker, and Monday morning 3/19, I'll tally them up.

There's also the award for the best picture that has come from these #fs2018dirtybiker rides (myself and JoM excepted). On Monday, I'll dig through this thread and see which posts that have pictures in them have the most Elites (2pts/each) and Likes (1pt/each). For example, if post #666 has 3 Elites and 2 likes, that equals (3x2pts)+(2x1pt) = 8pts total. These elites and likes should be done before Monday 3/19 morning at the vague hour whenever I wake up and start tallying Feel free to elite and like your own, as well as getting your friends to do the same for you. After all, this will prove who the dirtiest biker is!

Shirts will look approximately* like the image below:

fs2018dirtybiker by ricky d, on Flickr

Here's the thing: I am coming back into town on the morning of the party, and there's a good chance that I won't have them ready at night for the presentation. If that's the case, I'll meet up with you at afterwards to give you the shirt, and hopefully it will be at a trailhead

*I came up with these designs pretty quickly, and might change them for the final product.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I expect to be back in the DC area for a couple weeks in mid-May.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we award these based upon the longest #fs2018dirtybiker ride?

Just kidding... Sort of!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Can we award these based upon the longest #fs2018dirtybiker ride?

Just kidding... Sort of!
    Ha...nope!

Just curious, how long was this dirty ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Diamond, western side of Las Vegas. JoM and I did the Landmine loop, which didn't have as much elevation and tech compared to other trails in the area, but still plenty of flow... and burros!

Landmine Loop, Blue Diamond by ricky d, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

We did have a little blue sky on π Day and I got about 2.5 miles of dirt, mud, and gravel on my 10π ride today. The dirtybiker segments were scattered, the longest about .6 miles partway around Huth Park.

Name:	DSC01339.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	17511 My first dirtybiker segment along the garden allotments behind the wagenhalle Eckenheim

Name:	DSC01340.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	17512 I got caught with the barrier down at the Berkesheim railroad crossing and headed on the side road toward Bad Vilbel

Name:	DSC01341.jpg 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	17513 The gravel gave out and left me with this short climb up to the regular cyclepath

Name:	DSC01343.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	17514 Climbing up from Schöneck-Oberdorfelden to the Hohe Straße

Name:	DSC01344.jpg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	17515 Huth Park loop, total loop is either 1 mile or 1 km depending on which surface you choose

Post Thanks / Like

Super windy in the desert today. Late Night trail in Vegas.

Late Night Trail by ricky d, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Ha...nope!

Just curious, how long was this dirty ride?
    So far, 130.7, but if all goes as planned on Saturday: 144 miles of dirty delightfulness (maybe more, if I can convince myself to ride to the start!).

Post Thanks / Like

Well, nothing compared to those going out this weekend, but an easy five dirtybiker miles in a midday 10 miler with another EFM tootling around the Grüneburg and Nidda Parks. Nice to have the sun sort of out for the second day in a row.

I went back out for an afternoon ride and ended up with another dirtybiker mile or so to add to today's total. I could have sworn there was a paved farm field access road between Berger Weg and Heilsberg, but noooooooooooo, only the first half km, the next km was really churned up by farm tractors! This was on the Rove gravel bike with x'plor MSO 700 x 32, not the Pugsley fat bike 26 x 4.

Name:	DSC01348.jpg 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	17520 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01349.jpg 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	17521
    Last edited by consularrider; 03-15-2018 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Did a second ride