Likes Likes:  207
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  7
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Fine, divine, and asinine signs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Fine, divine, and asinine signs

    What funny, obnoxious, heartwarming, absurd signs do you pass on the road?

    How to play: Take a photograph and post it on this thread. If your phone (or fingers) are frozen, simply try and remember what the sign says and write it down later. Or visit it again on a future ride.

    We will pick the winning entries in various categories.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    What funny, obnoxious, heartwarming, absurd signs do you pass on the road?
    How to play: Take a photograph and post it on this thread. If your phone (or fingers) are frozen, simply try and remember what the sign says and write it down later. Or visit it again on a future ride.
    We will pick the winning entries in various categories.

    I find it ironic the one who last year sponsored and participated in the swimsuit prize (frozen every where) is worried about riders frozen fingers this year

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red face No Commentary. I'll let the judges determine if obnoxious, absurd or funny

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_080723014_HDR.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	15969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_080820806.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	15970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_081005435.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	15971

    The signs are on both sides of the same tractor trailer and prominently displayed on 234 Expressway near Manassas. Pictures taken on morning ride Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited by Bob James; 01-01-2018 at 10:48 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_080723014_HDR.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	15969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_080820806.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	15970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_081005435.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	15971
    The question then is: are these divine...or asinine?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    The question then is: are these divine...or asinine?
    I have an opinion on this, but I got in trouble sharing that on my Strava title for the 1 Trump pic

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I stopped at Five Guys along my route, I found this. Toilet paper is a paper product. Are we not supposed to put it in the toilet?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Adams Morgan
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The companion competition to freezing saddles...

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    2,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    When I stopped at Five Guys along my route, I found this. Toilet paper is a paper product. Are we not supposed to put it in the toilet?
    The signs at my work say "do not put anything in the toilets." Anything.

  9. #9
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is online now Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    The signs at my work say "do not put anything in the toilets." Anything.
    To quote DIRT: "Wise words to live by"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Simple, but profound message

    Picture taken ride Jan 7, 2018

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Let Go and Let God.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	16063

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •