Thread: Taste testing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taste testing

In my family we have a tradition of taste-testing everything -- dark chocolate, pickles, mustards, strawberry yogurts, apple & cinnamon oatmeal, BBQ chips, whole wheat bread, cookies & cream ice cream, apples, types of breakfast cereals, maple syrups, etc.

For Freezing Saddles, I will award a selection of taste-able items to the person who participates in the most FS taste tests.

How to play:
    (a)Announce on the FS taste-testing thread that there will be a tasting at a coffee club or other venue. Specify the category. Easy options could include, e.g., milk chocolates, mints, gum, categories of popcorn/chips/crackers, cheese, pop tarts, chocolate chip cookies, etc.
    (b)To count toward points in this game, there must be at least three samples in the designated category to taste. Either one person brings all three, or many people bring the items. If the meeting place sells the designated tasting category, then items can be purchased at that location. But sometimes it’s more fun to taste items from a range of locations. E.g., at Christmas we compared coffee cakes from a gas station, Best Buns, Baked & Wired, and Starbucks – classic and lean. So much fun.
    (c) Taste tests can take place at coffee clubs or any other biker meet-ups. Or you can simply announce that you will hold a tasting at a particular place at a designated time. At least three FS riders must be present.
    (d) Make a note of the items tested and the findings. After the tasting, please post the results on the Forum using this thread. One option is to rate the items 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Pictures welcome!
    (e) Those participating in the tasting should include the hashtag #fs2018taste in their ride title.
    (f) You get the same points whether you supplied the treats or simply sampled those brought by others…unless there is a tie for the winning taster.
    (g)It can be useful to carry a knife, toothpicks, napkins, and/or hand sanitizer, depending on the taste test involved.

Bon appetit!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all! I am going to be holding a taste-test at the WFT(WTF?) Coffee Club on Thursday, March 15. (Two days hence)

We will be taste testing the most-famous of Japanese snacks: Pocky!

In addition to the classic chocolate, I've brought some specialty flavors from Japan. I can't taste them because I gave up sweets for Lent, so I'm counting on you for your tasting notes!

See you there!

Name:  pocky.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  43.7 KB

3. Likes wheels&wings, Emm liked this post