Likes Likes:  266
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: #fs2018donut

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad I'll be back in Germany for the End of FS Doughnut Rides.

So today I did a Maple Bacon donutride to Duck Donuts on Harrison in Arlington. Fun getting blown around again and we weren't allowed to sit outside because of fallen power lines. I also had the chocolate-peanut-caramel doughnut. I'm still not a big fan of Duck, to me they seem underdone and since I am eating them at the shop they toppings are always runny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01271.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	17263 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01272.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	17264

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday donutride in RVA ending up at Sugar Shack on Lombardy for a maple-bacon doughnut.

Name:	DSC01275.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	17282 The James and RVA from Rockett's Landing

Name:	DSC01276.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	17283 Libby Hill Cobblestones

Name:	DSC01277.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	17284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01278.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	17285

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    You can begin RSVPing for Maryland-DC Ride now. Please note if you plan to join at Proteus, or en-route so we can coordinate our meeting up.
    Since RSVPs are open: as of now, the #kidical and I are in for part of the 3/17 donut ride (she's still jealous of the donut sticker I got last year). Most likely we'll meet folks at Union Market and hit the DC shops.

One thing to note about B. Doughnut at Union Market - some of the flavors (especially the savory ones or speciality ones, like the Lucky Charms one it looks like they'll have coming up) have a tendency to sell out pretty quickly on the weekend. (They seem to have gotten a bit better at expecting demand, but there've been a few times when I've gotten there around 10AM - an hour after they've opened - and they're already starting to sell out of some flavors.) Given that - if there's something that folks just have to try, it may make sense to try to coordinate a pre-order to guarantee it'll be there when folks arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Since RSVPs are open: as of now, the #kidical and I are in for part of the 3/17 donut ride (she's still jealous of the donut sticker I got last year). Most likely we'll meet folks at Union Market and hit the DC shops.

One thing to note about B. Doughnut at Union Market - some of the flavors (especially the savory ones or speciality ones, like the Lucky Charms one it looks like they'll have coming up) have a tendency to sell out pretty quickly on the weekend. (They seem to have gotten a bit better at expecting demand, but there've been a few times when I've gotten there around 10AM - an hour after they've opened - and they're already starting to sell out of some flavors.) Given that - if there's something that folks just have to try, it may make sense to try to coordinate a pre-order to guarantee it'll be there when folks arrive.
    Yes, Exacatly, you beat me to the punch, but I will be taking PRE-ORDERS for B Doughnut on Saturday for Union Market. AND on Sunday for their B pop-up at the Stand in Arlington. More on that a bit closer to the dates, once I start to see what the RSVPs are. Virginia-DC route should get posted today if I find another minute to do it. edelweiss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Yes, Exacatly, you beat me to the punch, but I will be taking PRE-ORDERS for B Doughnut on Saturday for Union Market. AND on Sunday for their B pop-up at the Stand in Arlington. More on that a bit closer to the dates, once I start to see what the RSVPs are. Virginia-DC route should get posted today if I find another minute to do it. edelweiss
    FYI - as of now, at least, pre-orders are only accepted at the Union Market, Leesburg, and Mosaic District locations (and I think the pop-up was only open Tuesday-Friday), unless you have an inside scoop on an upcoming change

Post Thanks / Like

Oh NO! I believe you are right. No weekends. I now will have to re-route the Sunday ride...good thing my computer ate the message I was just about to post. e

Post Thanks / Like

In for the donut ride!

In other donut news, I recently discovered that Un je ne sais quoi, a French/Belgium bakery in Dupont Circle, has a dessert called Paris-Brest. Not sure if it counts as a donut but it is round and according to Wikipedia was made to commemorate a Paris to Brest bicycle ride. Seems like a cross between churros and a cream puff. C'est tres bien!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikedavid; 03-05-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ride to lunch at the New Deal Café in Greenbelt today. I had one of their glazed doughnuts while I was waiting for my sandwich.

Name:	DSC01305.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	17367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01306.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	17368

Post Thanks / Like

Looks basic, I think you missed the best doughnuts in Beltsville, at Rawlin's Bakery on Rt. 1. It will be the first stop on out doughnut ride on the 17th. Very sorry you will be back in Germany by then! E.

Post Thanks / Like

A double stop today, chocolate croissant at Velo Café in District Hardware and Bicycles and then a maple-bacon doughnut at Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken on G St, NW.

Name:	DSC01310.jpg 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	17374 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01311.jpg 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	17375