Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozémon Hunter '18

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Frozémon Hunter '18

Welcome to the '18th edition of
    Frozémon Hunter

Your mission as a prospective Frozémon Hunter is to find and collect elusive Frozémon as they appear around the area this winter. Verification of and prizes for the best Frozémon collections will be awarded at the Freezing Saddles end of season celebration

Each captured Frozémon is worth 1 point.
    -but-
    Frozémon come in 5 different types:
    Fancy, Bearded, Sporty, Thirsty, and Ninja
    Name:  FN.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  23.5 KBName:  BD.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  23.5 KBName:  SP.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  25.6 KBName:  TY.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  21.3 KBName:  NJ.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  21.1 KB
    For every group of 5 Frozémon of the same type you collect, you get 5 bonus points.

This means if you have 6 Fancy Frozémon and 2 Ninja, your collection is worth 13 points. 10 Fancy and 2 Sporty is worth 22, etc.
    This is to encourage trading Frozémon between hunters. PLEASE NOTE TRADING AT THE FINAL FS'18 CELEBRATION IS BANNED and will result in a goldfish funeral for the traded Frozémon.

FRoZéMoN Sighting Reports:

1/6/18 - Alert! A NIMBY dog walker has expressed apocalyptic dissatisfaction at the number of Frozémon scaring her constipated Cockapoo on the Chinquapin/(Forest park actually) nature trail. [1 yet to be found?]

1/11/18 - A Fancy[still there?] and a Thirsty[captured] surrounding the site of the original REI - now closed.
    Two ninjas in a small park near the intersection of New Hampshire and Sligo.
    A sporty at the Artwalk in Riverdale Park!

1/17 - Sometimes I feel like there are way too many frozemon hanging out under the bridge from DC into Virginia. Which bridge? ALL OF THEM. (The easy to find/think of ones are gone)

1/21 - A frozemon has been spotted near the northern entrance of that creepy tunnel that goes under the telegraph road overpass at Duke street in Alexandria.

1/22 - Is this thing a specially built frozemon house? Nobody knows. But there's likely to be a frozemon living there.
    Frozémon are likely to be found in the reported areas, but perhaps not immediately visible from trails. You may need to dismount to investigate. Check stuff like the backs of signs and wooden posts for the sneaky critters.

Check back with this post to keep up with the latest Frozémon news.

Please use this thread to post about any Frozémon Hunting tips, triumphs or disasters.
    Last edited by LeprosyStudyGroup; Today at 08:45 AM.

2. ELITE komorebi, Judd, Birru ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. ELITE bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    You have *style*, sir. [respectful bow]

6. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post

*If anybody has access to a collection of these cards and you can sacrifice a few to me, please let me know I would really appreciate it. These things are expensive. And hey I wouldn't mind any contribution/sponsorship of prizes either.
    I can give you some $$ for cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    You have *style*, sir. [respectful bow]
    Yeah that is the gruesome trophy pelt of a truly skillful and grizzled frozemon hunter, everybody should feel very intimidated by Ricky right now.

Thx Judd ttyl

9. Likes kwarkentien, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that you specifically laid out the cards to spell fancy bearded sporty thirsty ninja. Is this a coded reference to Judd?

11. Likes kwarkentien, Edelweiss, bobco85, Emm, Steve O and 1 others liked this post
    ELITE komorebi, Sunyata, Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes

13. Likes kwarkentien, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for this! As anyone of my generation, I of course want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

A few questions:
    1. Can we get credit for riding dressed as a pokemon? (Asking for a friend... >.>)
    2. Is it a requirement to turn our helmets around backwards and pose prior to capturing a Frozemon?
    3. I'm going to the land of Pokemon in mid-February. Lemme know if you want me to look for some cards in their native language. (Could be a fun novelty)
    Last edited by Kitty; 01-02-2018 at 08:27 AM.

15. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I can't wait for this! As anyone of my generation, I of course want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

A few questions:
    1. Can we get credit for riding dressed as a pokemon? (Asking for a friend... >.>)
    2. Is it a requirement to turn our helmets around backwards and pose prior to capturing a Frozemon?
    3. I'm going to the land of Pokemon in mid-February. Lemme know if you want me to look for some cards in their native language. (Could be a fun novelty)
    Yes
    No, but YES
    YESSSS

17. Likes Kitty, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alert! An area tricorne enthusiast has reported a suspicious Frozémon lurking in the bushes near John Paul Jones.

19. Likes kwarkentien, Mtansill, CBGanimal, Judd liked this post