Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: FS Newbies

Post Thanks / Like

Default first post

Trying out how to post. I was blocked for some reason. Someone must know my dark secrets. I do love dogs and other people's puppies.

2. Likes bmillah, kwarkentien liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikingjenn View Post
    Trying out how to post. I was blocked for some reason. Someone must know my dark secrets. I do love dogs and other people's puppies.
    We demand pictures!

4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	15944

Frozen ears are a thing of the past with this one awesome hack! Use two spare beer can insulators, just slide them over your helmet straps for a winter weather-beating upcycled riding hack! Turn them inside out if you want a modest non-advertising look. Easy to slide off if you actually get too warm. (Inconcievable for me at the moment as it is -5 in eastern Wisconsin right now!). e
    What a great idea. And the bonus is you have a beer cozy when you get to your mid-ride beer stop and one to share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Rod Smith, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Ideas

Thanks for the info! Looking to stay warm during my first time participating in BAFS

8. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Yeah, but I've been trying to grow one since 1953, and it hasn't worked yet.
    Hahaha I was gonna SAY!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwarkentien View Post
    What a great idea. And the bonus is you have a beer cozy when you get to your mid-ride beer stop and one to share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two! This is neat idea, Edelweiss! I never woulda thunk!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    The bags the newspaper comes in works well for this. You can either pull it all the way up to your calf, or cut them off to only cover your foot. When I use this strategy, I put the bag between my two pairs of socks: sock-bag-sock-shoe
    I've been using the newspaper bag trick for decades, but only for rain. Never thought of it for cold though. But sometimes it makes my feet sweat, so I wouldn't think it'd be good for a ride of more than 5-10 miles. Is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    The bags the newspaper comes in works well for this. You can either pull it all the way up to your calf, or cut them off to only cover your foot. When I use this strategy, I put the bag between my two pairs of socks: sock-bag-sock-shoe
    I've been using the newspaper bag trick for decades, but only for rain. Never thought of it for cold though. But sometimes it makes my feet sweat, so I wouldn't think it'd be good for a ride of more than 5-10 miles. Is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

No. This is actually a terrible idea. Plastic (and items like plastic such as latex or nitrile gloves on hands) do not breathe at all. Your hands/feet WILL sweat. That sweat has nowhere to go. The sweat then gets cold, as wet things tend to do when it is chilly out. Then your extremities get even colder, which could potentially lead to nerve/tissue damage, frost bite, or hypothermia.

14. Likes Judd, Birru, streetsmarts, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another First Post

Quote Originally Posted by bikingjenn View Post
    I'm figuring out how to post while also trying to save my FS18 registration. I guess the first one didn't go thru. I got a pair of toe warmers for xmas so I could stop wrapping my feet in aluminum foil, somehow the Mrs. didn't think that was an attractive look...

Looking forward to doing this. Hope this one works!

Oh, and I like dogs.

16. Likes kwarkentien, Shawnbeast liked this post