Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Save the date: FS end-of-season celebration Wednesday March 21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Save the date: FS end-of-season celebration Wednesday March 21

Hi Freezing Saddles Riders:

Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 21, 2018 for the end-of-season celebration. We’ve booked the venue from 6 pm to midnight.

This is only a day after the finish of Freezing Saddles, which ends at midnight on March 19.

Why March 21?
    No doubt the schedule will be tight those final days of Freezing Saddles. It will be a crazy scramble to crunch the data and prepare our pointless prizes. We will have to do things in advance as much as possible, get prizes ready days before (if possible), and then keep checking the threads and the ride data up ‘til the last moment. Our IT wizards Jon and Hans are on board with this plan.

On the plus side, holding the celebration so quickly will build on the excitement and momentum of the Freezing Saddles season. And out-of-town riders may be able to fly in to join us for both the last night of the contest on March 19 (riding laps together around Hains Point) and the end-of-season celebration on the 21st.
    Equally important, March 21 avoids conflicts with Spring Break, Passover, and Holy Week – including Good Friday and Easter. I’ve been working with our venue and reaching out to dozens of riders who observe these holidays or who have school-age children, and it’s become clear that any dates later in March or in early April will exclude many of our riders.

So please hold Wednesday March 21, from 6 pm onwards. And if, like me, you have a lot of prizes to give out, just be aware that there won’t be much time to get them ready…we’ll want to do as much as possible in advance. Some prize-awarders may even decide to skip work that day… I hear that a terrible flu will be goin’ round on March 21st.

To recap:
    Welcome Happy Hour: Wednesday January 10, 2018. 6 pm onwards at Bier Baron.
    End-of-season Celebration: Wednesday March 21, 2018. 6 pm onwards at Bier Baron.

Details to follow
    Hope everyone can make it! w&w

Post Thanks / Like

To that end for the new comers...
    The Welcome Happy Hour is where you find out what a team you are on and start planning your strategy! (We will also post the teams after they are announced that night for those of you who absolutely can’t make it!

Hope to see you all soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed this wasn't on the big group calendar and put it up.

Thanks again for checking in on the schedules! I thing this timing and the venue are going to be perfect! (Love that stage and the beer menu )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Details on the schedule for the March 21st celebrations -- input welcome

Hi everyone,

I hope we’ve all reserved the night of Wednesday March 21st on our calendars. The Freezing Saddles end-of-season celebration will start at 6 pm and continue until late (we have the venue 'til midnight). I am in touch with the Bier Baron about the schedule, and in particular the timing for the refreshments.

The menu will be the same… falafel sandwiches, cheese quesadillas, hot pretzels. But there will be more food ‘cause we have $220 stashed away from last time (don’t tell any thieves where I live ).

Some may recall that at the January opening ceremony there was a delay with the second batch of food. The Bier Baron has agreed to try and keep to a set schedule with the refreshments this time around.
    I will be sending them a proposed schedule. How’s this?

6 pm Starting time
    6:15 pm First batch of food
    6:45 pm Second batch of food
    7:10 pm Closing ceremonies and prizes…. (This assumes the ceremony will last about one hour. Does that seem about right? We have a LOT of prizes to give out)
    8:15 pm Third batch of food ….(Does this make sense, or will folks be racing home as soon as the ceremony is over?)

Thanks for any input! w&w

Post Thanks / Like

I think the third batch at 8:15 is a good idea, especially for those that are coming late (I know several folks are going to head over after Wednesday Night Spins).

Post Thanks / Like

W&W - I think the call is all yours to make because you're organizing. Don't let the peanut gallery start nitpicking. I think your schedule makes a lot of sense and all naysayers should be shunned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    I will be sending them a proposed schedule. How’s this?

6 pm Starting time
    6:15 pm First batch of food
    6:45 pm Second batch of food
    7:10 pm Closing ceremonies and prizes…. (This assumes the ceremony will last about one hour. Does that seem about right? We have a LOT of prizes to give out)
    8:15 pm Third batch of food ….(Does this make sense, or will folks be racing home as soon as the ceremony is over?)

Thanks for any input! w&w
    Not that my inexperience with a closing FS ceremony is worth anything, but the schedule seems good to me. Do we need to bring a $10 entry fee again?