Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volunteers Needed: Phoenix Bikes Arlington Fun Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volunteers Needed: Phoenix Bikes Arlington Fun Ride

Hi, all. In case you haven't heard, the Phoenix Bikes Arlington Fun Ride is happening this Saturday (info below). We're still in need of volunteers. We could use ride marshals and pit stop help (in Rosslyn & Ballston, esp.). Ride marshals are expected to ride along with the group, helping reinforce safe behavior and lending a hand if something goes wrong. Pit stop help will ensure that people get some water/snacks as they head through.

Interested in helping make this a good ride for the community? Drop me a message here or email me at abac@blacknell.net. Every volunteer will get an Arlington Fun Ride technical shirt (they're nice!) and my sincere thanks.

Join the 2nd Annual Arlington Fun Ride on Saturday, October 8 from 8:00 am to noon! The scenic 17 mile route on paved bike trails circles Arlington with three stops in Ballston, Crystal City and Rosslyn. The Fun Ride promotes family fitness and provides support for Phoenix Bikes, a non-profit community bike shop empowering at-risk youth. The ride is presented by Arlington County and Arlington Public Schools and sponsored by 25 community organizations and companies. $5 entry fee for individuals, $10 for families. The first 280 to register receive a technical shirt with Fun Ride and sponsor logos, plus a ticket to raffles for more than $1,500 in gift certificates from local bike shop, restaurant and business sponsors. There will be a free kids bike rodeo and health fair from 10 am to noon.

Additional information and online registration at www.phoenixbikes.org.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Sounds like a fun community event, but one that might need a lot of support. I'd be glad to help out and will email you separately for details. Hmmm - my helmet might need a little jazzing up for this.
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 10-03-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Can still use a few volunteers - both as ride marshals and at the Ballston pit stop. Thanks for the responses so far - I'll be in touch with everyone via email.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in as a ride marshal. Have any of the other marshals picked out their riding costumes? I'm not sure my "Little Bo Peep" outfit will be family friendly and I don't want to show up wearing the same thing as others. (Totally joking about the whole costume thing.... I just liked the whole "lost his sheep" aspect of the ride marshal duties.)

Should be a fun ride and a great group of people to ride with.

Love,

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Damn this sounds fun, too bad my presence is required at a good friends wedding. Being an adult is lame sometimes. Good luck fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark - I'm interested. I'll shoot you a message. Thanks for letting us know!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll need to do a pre-ride spin to loosen up a little. I'm gonna ride west on the W&OD at 0630. I'm meeting Mikey in Vienna, getting coffee, then heading back east to Phoenix. It would be nice to have y'all join in. Pace will be easy and mellow.

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe we're covered on volunteers. *Thank you* to everyone who's helping out.

For everyone else? Come on out! Registration on site* is easy - $5 gets you t-shirt, food, and excellent company. $10 per family.

*But man, you'd sure make me feel better if you added to the pre-reg numbers by going here to register.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Alas, I'll be spending the weekend in NYC playing tourist. Hope you all have a great time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I'll need to do a pre-ride spin to loosen up a little. I'm gonna ride west on the W&OD at 0630. I'm meeting Mikey in Vienna, getting coffee, then heading back east to Phoenix. It would be nice to have y'all join in. Pace will be easy and mellow.
    I'll try and join you Pete for the pre-ride. Thanks!