Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: FS2018 Points Per Mile (PPM) Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS2018 Points Per Mile (PPM) Pointless Prize

I've confirmed with Jon Renaut that the PPM Leaderboard will be functional for the 2018 edition of Freezing Saddles. So even though we're still a few weeks away from kicking off Freezing Saddles, here are the rules for all those who want to vie for this coveted Pointless Prize.

1. Points Per Mile means exactly that. It's the ratio of points per miles ridden. The object is to accumulate the most points while riding the fewest miles. The winner is the rider with the highest ratio at the end of Freezing Saddles.

2. But since Freezing Saddles is about riding, you have to ride a minimum of 36 rides during the competition (that's about 3 per week).

3. If there's a tie, the tiebreaker will be LEAST miles ridden.

4. The second tiebreaker will be FEWEST rides.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Ride on!

Post Thanks / Like

This year's winner is ...

Mary S with 932.4 points and 152.4 miles = 6.12 points per mile. Also, Mary rode all 78 ride days of Freezing Saddles!

Award to be presented at the re-scheduled April 9th HH.

Post Thanks / Like

Chuxtr - thank you for the excellent swag and for the book "The Wrong Side of Comfortable". It looks like a great read! I really enjoyed the event last night so a big thanks to you and all the award presenters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msalemme View Post
    Chuxtr - thank you for the excellent swag and for the book "The Wrong Side of Comfortable". It looks like a great read! I really enjoyed the event last night so a big thanks to you and all the award presenters.
    Enjoy the swag! If any of it is something you already have, just pay it forward. I hope you enjoy "The Wrong Side of Comfortable" and that Amy provides you with some motivation/inspiration to ride even more. BTW, the book was the review copy I received to write my review for PEZ, so there are a few places where there's highlighting. But not a lot and no notes, scribbles, etc. The review includes a short interview with Amy that you might find interesting.

https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/featu...f-comfortable/

Cheers!