Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angry cyclist

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is somehow connected. It looks like the same place. https://twitter.com/Wash_cycle/statu...93647087198208

Seriously, does anyone know if there was really a murder there, or just the dockless bike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    I do not know his identity, but I am 98% sure that is the same guy (pretty unique bike set up) that passed me on the trail near Commonwealth Blvd without calling his pass. He then immediately slowed down in front of me after we both turned onto Commonwealth, so I rang my bell and passed him back. He then got upset, passed me again and SPIT ON ME.

I really REALLY channeled my inner Dirt that day and luckily, I turned off on Glebe while he kept on Commonwealth.
    I might not have been able to call up enough Dirt to keep him out of the dirt.

No call to spit on anyone more so on nice people like you.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 12-07-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    I wonder if this is somehow connected. It looks like the same place. https://twitter.com/Wash_cycle/statu...93647087198208

Seriously, does anyone know if there was really a murder there, or just the dockless bike?
    I'd like to murder every inconsiderately parked dockless bike I see. Is that an option?

And just to be clear ... I'm not The Angry Cyclist.
    Last edited by musclys; 12-07-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post

No, definitely not the same place and unlikely unconnected. Commonwealth Ave and Mt Vernon Ave in Del Ray, Alexandria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Yeah... I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and pretended that he must have just had a really bad day and was not paying attention to what was going on around him. But it REALLY made me angry. Had I not almost immediately turned off Commonwealth, I probably would have chased him down and gave him a lesson in respect and manners. But I did turn off and kept thinking to myself, "what would Dirt do?"

I have been making a conscious effort to not let things bother me as much as they usually do and to immediately let go of stress and anger when a person does something that I consider rude or unsafe. Amazingly, it has actually made my life a little less stressful, which is a REALLY good thing considering the changes in my work environment lately.
    Give yourself a pat on the back because that was a really good call not to chase him down! When he was shouting at me, it was then clear he was nuts, perceiving slights where there were none etc, and threatened physical escalation. In your case, he had no problem committing assault (spitting). Who knows what he would have done when confronted.

Conscious effort seems like a good idea, I will try the same thing, thanks!

6. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaBiker View Post
    Not the same helmet color, so could be more than one jerk, although he looks similar.