Thread: Washington Blvd pushback

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washington Blvd pushback

If you were interested in/affected by the restriping of Washington Blvd in Arlington, you may wish to hop onto Nextdoor.com and weigh in on the thread “New Traffic Pattern on Washington Blvd Claims Another Victim.”
    Got some folks arguing in favor of going back to the way things were.

Post Thanks / Like

Victim? Did some poor driver get run over by a bicyclist?

Post Thanks / Like

A parked car got hit for the third time, but the OP laid the blame on the bike lanes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    A parked car got hit for the third time, but the OP laid the blame on the bike lanes.
    Another victory in the #WarOnCars

I’m rarely in that area. Are the bike lanes car buffered there or are they door zone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    They shouldn't park in the bike lane. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ

6. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been going a bit out of the way and using those lanes once in a while, and continuing on Wash Blvd where the lanes peter out. Basically just to use them and take the lane where they disappear. I think it's important that they be used, and so far I haven't seen too many other folks. They're a bit shoehorned in but do help on a couple of the uphills; most drivers have been pretty patient where they end and I take the lane. But I can't see how the bike lanes would be at fault. If anything, they might reduce the effects of an accident if they caused drivers to go a bit slower. But there will always be commenters on places like there and ArlNow who blame bicycle lanes or traffic calming when the real fault is bad driving. I wouldn't leave my car parked on a road like that overnight on a bet.