View Poll Results: What should the FS2018 identifier be?

Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • Same as last year: large zipper pull + 2 lace tags ($2).

    18 51.43%
  • Short slap band + zipper pull + 2 lace tags ($2).

    4 11.43%
  • Small round zipper pull + 2 lace tags ($2).

    3 8.57%
  • Reflective slap band ($1).

    3 8.57%
  • Longer reflective slap band with LED ($5).

    5 14.29%
  • Something else (post a suggestion in the thread).

    4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Poll: Way to identify FS2018 participants

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Poll: Way to identify FS2018 participants

    It still gives me great joy to see the FS2016 slap bands or FS2017 zipper pulls "in the wild," so I'm volunteering to coordinate the identifier again this year.

    I'd like to stick with the neon green color -- doing it for a third year will make it a tradition, right? -- but I'm open to suggestions on what the FS2018 identifier should be. I've listed some options in the poll. Please vote or respond to this post with other suggestions by Monday, November 27.

    Oh, and Dickie has already given permission to use the bicycle-chain snowflake logo again. Thanks, Dickie!

  2. Likes kwarkentien, Bob James, KWL, CBGanimal, Birru and 2 others liked this post
  3. 11-22-2017, 04:27 PM


  4. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    It still gives me great joy to see the FS2016 slap bands or FS2017 zipper pulls "in the wild," so I'm volunteering to coordinate the identifier again this year.

    I'd like to stick with the neon green color -- doing it for a third year will make it a tradition, right? -- but I'm open to suggestions on what the FS2018 identifier should be. I've listed some options in the poll. Please vote or respond to this post with other suggestions by Monday, November 27.

    Oh, and Dickie has already given permission to use the bicycle-chain snowflake logo again. Thanks, Dickie!
    Why are we talking about anything that is not a 10 foot Freezing Saddles safety flag?

  5. Likes Mayhemnsuz, rcannon100, jrenaut liked this post
  6. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you're taking suggestions, I like the zipper pulls from last year, but in a different color, such as orange.

    If you're not taking suggestions, then this was Judd's idea and I hated it.

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    If you're taking suggestions, I like the zipper pulls from last year, but in a different color, such as orange.

    If you're not taking suggestions, then this was Judd's idea and I hated it.
    I actually do like the idea of a different color zipper pull. It makes them more collectible.


    The zipper pulls have been pretty awesome during the off season at identifying other participants.

  8. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Silver Spring
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being a n👀b, Iím reasonably comfortable that I donít get a vote, but Iím in the club that says the zipper pulls should be a different colour to make them more collectible and desirable.

    Iím thinking I might buy extra, and scalp them to fair weather wannabes. 🤣

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jctonett View Post
    Being a n👀b, Iím reasonably comfortable that I donít get a vote, but Iím in the club that says the zipper pulls should be a different colour to make them more collectible and desirable.

    Iím thinking I might buy extra, and scalp them to fair weather wannabes. 藍
    n👀bs definitely get votes. If only because it would otherwise take at least 50 pages of arguments to define what a n👀b was.

    "Colour," however, is interesting. Should I assume you're not from the US?

  11. Likes kwarkentien, musclys, jrenaut liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    First, thanks Judd for the honorary 2017 zipper pull. I also like the idea of new year/new color for zipper pulls. They'll become rare and collectible and I'll make a mint on eBay.

  13. #8
    jrenaut's Avatar
    jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As a BAFS curmudgeon, I am vehemently opposed to a new color because change is clearly terrible.

  14. Likes Boomer2U, kwarkentien liked this post
  15. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So I loved the zipper pulls...easy to see on the back of a bike, on the front of a jacket and on panniers (Iíve even seen the small ones worn as earrings!). I like the idea of the same color annotated with the new 2018 year...my 2 cents


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Likes streetsmarts, kwarkentien, Bob James liked this post
  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I vote for purple for the zipper pull and face tattoos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •