Likes Likes:  260
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Newbie thread -- drop by and say hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    A few years ago at Whitegrass (a XC ski area), I told a friend that works there that I had my fat bike at the lodge and asked if I could ride on the groomed trails, and she looked at me funny and brushed me off. A few years later, I hear they have fat bike races now
    White Grass asks that when you are snow shoeing, you not walk in the groomed x-country ski grooves but walk to the side instead, so they probably don't want bikes churning up those grooves. Races may be different from everyday use. Their page mentions their snowshoe request but does not mention bikes, but they're really laid back so it wouldn't hurt to ask. They might say it's okay but just to stay out of the grooves.

Here is a fun article about the fat bike race as White Grass last winter, complete with pics:

http://dirtragmag.com/walk-ride-slid...t-bike-champs/

Post Thanks / Like

Talking So excited for Freezing Saddles 2018!

I hope that we have awesome weather this winter for riding! Nothing like a cool, crisp morning to get the blood going!

3. 11-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prize for most time spent registering? ; )

Am I really here? I've spent over two hours (over the last few weeks) trying to get logged into the Forum so I can officially participate in the 2018 Freezing Saddles. Is there a prize for being so stupid and stubborn just to enter a winter bicycling competition suffer-fest?

Thanks for your help, Carol and Henry!

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwarkentien View Post
    Iím in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We did get snow between 11 pm last night and 1 am this morning, a little stuck on car windshields, but no where else. Then this morning there was a snow shower while we were in Wiesbaden, again, nothing stuck and I was in the car, not on the bike. I'm still hopeful that i can ride while it i snowing on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Am I really here? I've spent over two hours (over the last few weeks) trying to get logged into the Forum so I can officially participate in the 2018 Freezing Saddles. Is there a prize for being so stupid and stubborn just to enter a winter bicycling competition suffer-fest?

Thanks for your help, Carol and Henry!
    welcome to the suffer fest!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default happy to be back

Hi gang,

After freezing my saddle in 2015, I missed registering last year and was so sad. Glad I got my act together and I look forward to riding with you all through the best weather we get around here. Or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi!

Hello! My name is Krista and I'm hoping to join Freezing Saddles this year. I live in Ballston and commute to grad school at Georgetown U by bike (it's so much faster than driving or public transit). I also like to ride for fun. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not much of an internet forum person, but jrenaut (husband) has let me know that my registration for BAFS won't be accepted if i don't post. jrenaut probably posts enough for the two of us, anyway.

looking forward to my third year of freezing saddles and beerneuring.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!