Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Volunteers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volunteers

For anyone who volunteered on the registration form, or who wants to volunteer now, or who has questions about a particular Freezing Saddles function, the following is the list of people to talk to:

Freezing Saddles website: hozn and jrenaut. Given that hozn is rather overburdened, please contact jrenaut first, and he can pass on to hozn anything that he needs to.

Team assignments: Sunyata

Happy hours: CBGAnimal and wheels&wings

Pointless prizes: accordioneur

Forum sticky: Henry

There is no one in charge of organizing group rides. If you want to do that, you can post on the forum for rides open to anyone, and/or contact your team members for rides for a particular team.

Remember, this is a group with no real leadership. If you want to give a pointless prize, for example, accordioneur will keep track of who is giving prizes for what, but he's not going to tell you either what should be rewarded, or what prize to give. So feel free to be creative, and have fun!
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-19-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is the right POC if you have an idea for a Pointless Prize and want to make sure that the appropriate data query can be put in place to support it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    Who is the right POC if you have an idea for a Pointless Prize and want to make sure that the appropriate data query can be put in place to support it?
    jrenaut. You can pm him; he typically responds promptly.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 11-20-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    jrenault. You can pm him; he typically responds promptly.
    Except you should PM me without the L

Post Thanks / Like

Actually email (my forum name at gmail) is easier than using the terrible PM interface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Except you should PM me without the L
    Sorry, fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strata malfunction

Who do I talk to about Strava malfunction. 65 mile ride today accidentally erased! Got tripped up when it asked me questions about segments and answered the wrong way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lmgoldberg View Post
    Who do I talk to about Strava malfunction. 65 mile ride today accidentally erased! Got tripped up when it asked me questions about segments and answered the wrong way.
    Alas, there is no one in charge of Strava malfunctions. However, a couple of ideas:

1. Did you by any chance ride with anyone else? If so, they can export their GPX file for you, and you can upload it to Strava.

2. Similarly, if it's a route you've ever ridden before, you can export the GPX file. Then change the date on the original ride to the day you did this one. Then upload the GPX file you exported to reinstate your original ride.

3. I believe there is a way to create a GPX file (maybe in RideWithGPS?) if you know the route you took. However, I haven't tried that one; maybe someone on this forum knows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Alas, there is no one in charge of Strava malfunctions. However, a couple of ideas:

1. Did you by any chance ride with anyone else? If so, they can export their GPX file for you, and you can upload it to Strava.

2. Similarly, if it's a route you've ever ridden before, you can export the GPX file. Then change the date on the original ride to the day you did this one. Then upload the GPX file you exported to reinstate your original ride.

3. I believe there is a way to create a GPX file (maybe in RideWithGPS?) if you know the route you took. However, I haven't tried that one; maybe someone on this forum knows?
    Yes, you can create a route in Ride with GPS, Map My Ride, or Endomondo. Its really pretty easy. It wont of course account for temperature or elevation, and time and average speed will be calculated based on the start and end times you enter for the ride you did after making the course. Im available offline if help is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kwarkentien; 01-14-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spell much???

Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping this thread to the top, because a lot of people seem to think I'm the person to contact about anything relating to Freezing Saddles. My job was registration, which is over. While I have helped people who have other issues, it's typically by getting a message to the person in charge of that function. So if you have questions/concerns about anything going on now, you will get a faster response if you contact the person responsible for the function directly, rather than me.