Thread: It's that time of year! Time to help Lighten Up, Arlington!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's that time of year! Time to help Lighten Up, Arlington!

Calling All Walk + Bike Volunteers!!

We’re looking for awesome folks to help us give away reflective goodies and lights in Arlington at Lighten Up, Arlington, our annual light and reflective goody giveaway.

WalkArlington and BikeArlington will be teaming up to give away small "be-seen" blinky lights and reflective gear. We’ve also got some new and nifty things to share, like co-branded reflective stickers and clothing decals!
    These pop-up events are free and open to the public.
    • Monday, November 6 @ 4:30PM - 7:00PM - Rosslyn Bikeometer (corner of Lynn and Lee Highway)
    • Wednesday, November 8 @ 4:30PM - 7:00PM - Columbia Pike (intersection of W&OD Trail and Columbia Pike, by the Learners Loop Park)

If you're game to help out, shoot me an email at erin.potter@bikearlington.com. At this moment, we could use a few more folks in Rosslyn on Monday. Helping out for a bit on your commute home is a-okay.

2. Likes Starduster, Tim Kelley liked this post
    Dislikes Tim Kelley disliked this post
    ELITE Sunyata, Tim Kelley ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have versions for deer? I would have been less surprised on this evening's commute if the deer were wearing something reflective or lit and I don't think they go to too many stores.

You will likely be seeing me - I do not want the deer (or cars or other people) surprised as I approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Do you have versions for deer? I would have been less surprised on this evening's commute if the deer were wearing something reflective or lit and I don't think they go to too many stores.

You will likely be seeing me - I do not want the deer (or cars or other people) surprised as I approach.
    I hate to tell you, but I ride the CCT lit up like a Christmas tree, and the deer still get startled.

5. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Potter View Post
    Calling All Walk + Bike Volunteers!!

We’re looking for awesome folks to help us give away reflective goodies and lights in Arlington at Lighten Up, Arlington, our annual light and reflective goody giveaway.

WalkArlington and BikeArlington will be teaming up to give away small "be-seen" blinky lights and reflective gear. We’ve also got some new and nifty things to share, like co-branded reflective stickers and clothing decals!
    These pop-up events are free and open to the public.
    • Monday, November 6 @ 4:30PM - 7:00PM - Rosslyn Bikeometer (corner of Lynn and Lee Highway)
    • Wednesday, November 8 @ 4:30PM - 7:00PM - Columbia Pike (intersection of W&OD Trail and Columbia Pike, by the Learners Loop Park)

If you're game to help out, shoot me an email at erin.potter@bikearlington.com. At this moment, we could use a few more folks in Rosslyn on Monday. Helping out for a bit on your commute home is a-okay.
    I should be able to make both days, but will only be able to hang out at Rosslyn for about an hour (getting there right around 4:30) before heading home. Wednesday, I should be able to hang out for a bit longer (but still have to get home to walk my dogs). Will also send an email.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  tk.PNG
Views: 76
Size:  6.3 KB
    Tim Kelly's ghost appears conflicted about his feelings for Lighten Up Arlington...

Thanks to Sunyata and DrP for being game to stop by and help!

8. Likes Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Do you have versions for deer?
    Deer are not specifically part of our outreach plan, but I too, enjoy the idea of deer gallivanting in reflective vests. If any stop by, we're happy to supply. Please spread the word to your fellow deer commuters.

10. Likes Judd, wheels&wings liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting close to time to head to Rosslyn.