Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: November 2017 Road and Trail Conditions

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm with you on bollards. I'm asking for a specific reason, which I am not specifying.
    We'll have to see what it looks like when they are done, but it may be that they are putting one in the middle and then another (or more?) off to the side to keep those rascally cars out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Am I interpreting the picture correctly, that they're actually installing a double bollard?

Is this an MNCPCC project?
    Yes, double bollards, particularly to discourage trailers and wheelchairs.

No, not MNCPCC -- I think this is being required by the same PG DPW engineers who originally required the developer to install a curb. I know for a fact that not all of our county engineers are morons, since one of them helped us get the prior curbing removed. However...

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Luckily they can go around on the enormous grassy area

required by the same PG DPW engineers
    Honestly, these people should be required to actually stand next to some of these bs projects on a scheduled basis to 1) see how they turn out 2) get direct feedback from the affected community.

Post Thanks / Like

Double bollards are super-extra awful.

Supposed to be an odd # of bollards, 6' clearance between them and only after a documented history of motor vehicle intrusion.

5. Likes dasgeh, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch for glass on the MBT

Between Rhode Island Ave and Franklin St on the MBT - watch out for scattered glass. There was a broken malt liquor bottle there this morning that I swept to the side with my foot, but this afternoon/evening, it looks like there was quite a bit more debris (more on the southbound side).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Between Rhode Island Ave and Franklin St on the MBT - watch out for scattered glass. There was a broken malt liquor bottle there this morning that I swept to the side with my foot, but this afternoon/evening, it looks like there was quite a bit more debris (more on the southbound side).
    Thanks for the warning when I ran into you. Totally forgot about when I was headed back home and rode right through it. Glad to have the Schwalbe Marathons which haven't punctured after 2500 miles despite running over glass a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

As of this morning, the new pavement on the ART between Armentrout road and the Bladensburg marina is finished and smooth as a baby's butt. I think they removed both bollards from underneath the bridge, but I was so entranced by the fresh pavement I didn't even notice and didn't stop for pictures.

9. Likes Brett L. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As of this morning, the new pavement on the ART between Armentrout road and the Bladensburg marina is finished and smooth as a baby's butt. I think they removed both bollards from underneath the bridge, but I was so entranced by the fresh pavement I didn't even notice and didn't stop for pictures.
    Rode it this afternoon. There is still one bollard under the bridge.

The new pavement is nice. There were a ton of root bumps before. It felt like the trail was widened slightly but that could just be my imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

The wind has blown down a tree over the Custis Trail just after N George Mason Dr, the tree is resting on the barrier wall over the trail and some branches are hanging down but it’s passable.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Reported?