Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Cyclist flips bird to Trump's motorcade in Sterling, VA

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I did not visit it, but that comments section must be a sight.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Two or three weeks ago I gave the finger to three Marine One-ilk helicopters who were flying low and in formation towards the White House over TR Bridge. It felt glorious. There have also been a few times where I've been help up on Penna Ave and lots of us waiting flipped the bird.

    The only reason I don't give the WH the finger as I bike through there is that I'm too busy dodging people on the sidewalk or I'm too distracted by the cute secret service doggies.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whenever we pass a house that still has Trump signs, or one of those huge Gillespie signs that says "For ALL Virginians," I flip them the bird. I believe my GF thinks this is evidence of an unbalanced nature, but at least I'm not alone.

  4. Likes Jenkinms, Starduster liked this post
  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Two or three weeks ago I gave the finger to three Marine One-ilk helicopters who were flying low and in formation towards the White House over TR Bridge. It felt glorious. There have also been a few times where I've been help up on Penna Ave and lots of us waiting flipped the bird.
    Yep, know the feeling well. Obama used to screw up Fort Belvoir's golf course access and already over-taxed roads and I wished I had done the same. Just didn't have the nerve.

  6. Dislikes Obama disliked this post
  7. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    The only reason I don't give the WH the finger as I bike through there is that I'm too busy dodging people on the sidewalk or I'm too distracted by the cute secret service doggies.
    It's easy to flip off Trump's hotel from the Penn. Ave. cycle track though.

  8. Likes Sunyata, Steve O liked this post
  9. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crystal City to L'Enfant Plaza
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I believe my GF thinks this is evidence of an unbalanced nature, but at least I'm not alone.
    If you are upright on a bike, you really can't be unbalanced. Just say'n

  10. Likes huskerdont, Emm, anomad, Steve O liked this post
  11. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've lost count of people who asked if that was me. No, but if I ever meet her in person Ima buy her a beer.

  12. Likes Guus, MrTinDC, huskerdont, Emm, Starduster and 2 others liked this post
  13. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It looks like they gave her more than 3 ft when passing.

  14. #19
    Henry is offline BikeArlington's Adorable Junior Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Should we expect the stretch of Pennsylvania Ave in front of the White House to see increasingly frequent closures to cyclists as a result?
    Since it seems to be closed all the time, they can't close it twice.

    Henry

  15. Likes Obama, huskerdont liked this post
  16. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Since it seems to be closed all the time, they can't close it twice.

    Henry
    Even at lunch today it was closed, so I was left navigating I Street to Farragut. That's fine, but what's the point of the 15th Street cycletrack if you can't access it (without riding on a hemmed in sidewalk with lots of pedestrians, which I refuse to do. Walking is right out.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •