Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WABA Cider Ride

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll have to think about riding with a marshal, as I generally avoid that on these types of rides. I’m not a very patient or take-it-slow-and-chill type of rider.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Iíll have to think about riding with a marshal, as I generally avoid that on these types of rides. Iím not a very patient or take-it-slow-and-chill type of rider.
    On 50 States, it was more like, "Here's Kitty with 8 people that she knows."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the Honeycrisp with Mrs. sjclaeys

4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a really great time riding with folks during last year's Cider Ride, so I know y'all will have fun this year.

For a preview of what's in store for you, here's my video of last year's ride:

6. Likes streetsmarts, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a fun ride, I've done it the past two years - and you get a nice WABA Cider Ride mug at the end. Hoping for dry, crisp fall weather!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I had a really great time riding with folks during last year's Cider Ride, so I know y'all will have fun this year.

For a preview of what's in store for you, here's my video of last year's ride:

This was my introduction to the Freezing Saddles group!

You let me tag along on the ride and then got me hooked.

9. Likes streetsmarts, bobco85, LhasaCM, Judd, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I managed to talk my wife into the McIntosh route (really, once you adjust for the ride to and from the start given where we live, it's just as long as the DC Bike Ride was for us but without the hurry up and wait at the start...and she's done so much more biking since then!), so assuming she doesn't change her mind because of the weather/cold, the three of us (I'll have our 6yo on the trailer cycle per usual) will be on the shorter route taking our time...

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    On 50 States, it was more like, "Here's Kitty with 8 people that she knows."
    It's more that marshals (for very good reason) generally ride at a pace that is well below my sort-of natural rhythm, which just ends up feeling frustrating for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I’ll have to think about riding with a marshal, as I generally avoid that on these types of rides. I’m not a very patient or take-it-slow-and-chill type of rider.
    Try it on your mountain bike. That will slow you down, plus big fun curb hopping along the way. Or on tandem (curb hopping not necessarily recommended).

13. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested in extending the Cider Ride, or perhaps having a date afternoon and/or night with a significant other, perhaps consider this thread:
    A Capella Magic Singing Capital Chorus And Extended Cider Ride
    I think closebr even proposed an excellent route from Cider Ride finish line to the theatre.

Now I must mention - you don't want to burn in a special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre (reference).

15. Likes bobco85, closebr, streetsmarts liked this post