Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starve Feed Order

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    However, with this system privileging either the most amazing rides, or the mundane commutes of seemingly random acquaintances, the rides of friends/family just getting started simply don't show up in my feed. These folks are the ones who need Kudos most, and they are getting feed-blocked by the system.
    And, of course, you don't know the rides you've missed, because you have no way of knowing they exist.
    Last edited by Steve O; 10-22-2017 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Hey, that rhymes.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't seem to be experiencing the same things that you guys are experiencing. I'm still seeing everyone's rides in my view (even Mr. Kitty's). The difference is that they all appear in the order in which they were uploaded to Strava, not the order in which they were completed.

This is actually an improvement for me, although I agree that it having the option to customize things would be nice. As the number of folks that I'm following has grown, I'm more interested in the non-routine rides (so that I can steal route ideas). I'm sure that some are probably bored with seeing me do exactly four Hains Point loops on the way home everyday. (Although I still like it.)

3. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the survey link (took it, gave my feedback).

I prefer the chronological listing for rides according to when they took place which makes activities easier to find, so this change is not welcome for me. It's weird seeing folks post photos of rides/hikes they did on Facebook/Twitter (sometimes with screenshots of their Strava activity) yet not seeing them on my Strava feed. Case in point: I just looked at Strava, and folks' Midnight Saddles activities appeared 3rd on my list but weren't anywhere on my feed about 7 hours ago.

The problem is, what I want Strava to be (social athletic activity platform for sharing rides/hikes/etc. & pics, testing/challenging oneself, and giving encouragement/trash-talk to friends) is not what Strava wants to be (all-encompassing curated social media platform based on athletic activities the A.I. deems relevant to the user but increasingly adding non-activity posts like personal stories traditionally found on other social media and/or forums like this one... a.k.a. Facebook). I don't want Strava to become Facebook (and ESPECIALLY not Twitter, but that's another story).

My solution: options for filtering so users can choose if they want chronological (based on start of ride or upload time) or curated (based on athletes with whom the user tends to interact) with options for non-activity posts like personal stories or questions.

5. Likes secstate, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post

I prefer the chronological listing for rides according to when they took place which makes activities easier to find, so this change is not welcome for me. It's weird seeing folks post photos of rides/hikes they did on Facebook/Twitter (sometimes with screenshots of their Strava activity) yet not seeing them on my Strava feed. Case in point: I just looked at Strava, and folks' Midnight Saddles activities appeared 3rd on my list but weren't anywhere on my feed about 7 hours ago.
    Was this Steve O's ride though? Cause the problem is Steve O not plugging his Garmin into computer for several days and not a change at Strava.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Was this Steve O's ride though? Cause the problem is Steve O not plugging his Garmin into computer for several days and not a change at Strava.
    Since Strava combines group ride activities (usually it will say "Person X rode with A, B, & C other people"), it should have shown up for others first but didn't (note: I am following everyone that was on that ride). It's been weird for me because it almost seems like specific people just stopped riding altogether. I haven't seen wheelsandwings' wonderful lyric poetry for about a week now, and that's not okay!

8. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. I suggested that it should be chronological, or that users should have that option, as well.

I didn't comment about how it's all social-media-y now. I'm paying nothing for it, so even though that inclines me toward grumpiness,* it's fine. If people from Brazil and Iran want to click likes on my little rides in attempt to build huge followings, that's okay. I just want to record my rides.

*Maybe I've had too much coffee. Or not enough.

10. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    And, of course, you don't know the rides you've missed, because you have no way of knowing they exist.
    It's the classic zen koan: "If a ride occurs in nature, but wasn't captured on Strava, did it happen?

Seriously though, apparently Mr. Kitty has been RAPPING for his post titles lately?! I'd like to see that. (BG: Mr. Kitty doesn't listen to rap generally)
    My Strava feed is like a censor-board that thinks it knows what's best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I haven't seen wheelsandwings' wonderful lyric poetry for about a week now, and that's not okay!
    I think wheels&wings is off the grid this week (gone to Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan, KS)?

13. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I think wheels&wings is off the grid this week (gone to Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan, KS)?
    From the Big Apple to the Little Apple? Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

The new Strava feed has convinced me to pair down the number of folks I follow.

I have read the next update will be putting primo people in everyone's feed even if you do not follow them.

I have been using ride with gps more and more. The routing and planning tools and the map choices are radically better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk