Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starve Feed Order

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strava Feed Order

If you do not like Strava's decision to show you other's activities in a seemingly random order, rather than chronologically, you can let them know here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NewStravaFeed
    Last edited by sjclaeys; 10-20-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: fkg auto correct

2. ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought "Starve Feed Order" was a random group of words assembled by an AI to get us to click on it. It worked.

4. Likes dasgeh, jrenaut, Emm, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, I just left feedback. I'd like to have at least the option to keep a chronological feed, composed of actual athletic activities. The new layout isn't bad, but the non-chronological feed with no way to opt-out is a bummer.

6. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    I thought "Starve Feed Order" was a random group of words assembled by an AI to get us to click on it. It worked.
    I thought it was some weirdo cyclist variant of "F*&k Marry Kill."

8. Likes ian74, Emm, AFHokie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously auto-correct changed the title from Strava to Starve.

10. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this. It's impossible to make everyone happy. But, I do wish more companies would allow deeper customization of feeds. I generally prefer a chronological feed, but at the same time there are "athletes" (e.g., my dad) I don't want to miss. I feel sorry for the algorithm designer who has to accommodate my "chronological except dad."

Being able to filter out certain activities (e.g., trainer rides, yoga) from the feed would be especially nice.

12. Likes MrTinDC liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like the "Starve Order." Rides in the order of best food and beer destinations.

14. Likes Emm, dasgeh, jrenaut, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    ELITE Sunyata, consularrider ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the new feed order since I often missed activities that were uploaded after they occurred. Evil Steve gets the sads when I don't give him kudos for stuff he uploads two days later.

16. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Id like to have the option! Thanks Steve for the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, kind sir, for posting this link. I gave them a piece of my mind!

I want my social media feeds to be chronological for many reasons, but with Strava its particularly personal. I have a broad and varied friend-base on the platform, comprising of all rider levels (as WABA intended).
    However, with this system privileging either the most amazing rides, or the mundane commutes of seemingly random acquaintances, the rides of friends/family just getting started simply don't show up in my feed. These folks are the ones who need Kudos most, and they are getting feed-blocked by the system.

Case-in-point: It really bums me out when Mr. Kitty asks me excitedly if I saw his ride, and I have to say "No," then see the disappointment and discouragement that causes. I have to say that because his rides NEVER appear in my feed anymore unless I search for him by name. The algorithm doesn't understand that his 1.7 mi effort is more important to me than the daily 19 mi grind of a friend.

Besides, I feel silly commenting/kudoing a ride days after it passed. >.>

19. Likes MrTinDC, Sunyata, jrenaut, Emm, Steve O and 3 others liked this post