Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlington's First Combination Little Free Library & Bike Repair Station

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Arlington's First Combination Little Free Library & Bike Repair Station

Arlington's first combination Little Free Library and Bike Repair Station now open near Columbia Pike at 8th St S & S Courthouse Rd. Current toolset is bike pump + metric allen keys + crescent wrench.

Perhaps it will start a trend?

2. Likes cyclingfool, Dewey, KWL, dasgeh, ginacico and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One month and three days til first theft. Pump, wrench, Allen keys all gone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Dislikes Crickey7, Emm, dasgeh, rcannon100 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    One month and three days til first theft. Pump, wrench, Allen keys all gone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I hope someone really really needed that wrench and that you’ve made their Christmas come early.

Are you going to replace?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I hope someone really really needed that wrench and that you’ve made their Christmas come early.

Are you going to replace?
    I hope the same. If they really needed them so badly that they felt like they needed to steal them, then I wish them well. If it was just malice then *insert angry face*.

Hoping to put in replacements before I head out of town for Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    I hope the same. If they really needed them so badly that they felt like they needed to steal them, then I wish them well. If it was just malice then *insert angry face*.

Hoping to put in replacements before I head out of town for Thanksgiving.
    Yeah, saw this on Saturday, but thought you knew. Was going to mention it, but why ruin Friendsgiving?

Name:  LFL Heist.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  74.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad. Have you thought about using wire rope like the commercial bike repair stations? Aluminum ferrules require a swaging tool for installation, but even bolt-on rope clips would slow down most would-be thieves. Certainly more theft-proof than parachute cord.

Post Thanks / Like

You just reminded me.. There are now two fix-it stations in Herndon just off the W&OD. One near Van Buren and the second near Herndon Community Center, just west of Ferndale, Ave. They are both oddly placed... in the middle of the grass at least 15-20 feet from the trail and black/low to the ground. I almost missed them.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    You just reminded me.. There are now two fix-it stations in Herndon just off the W&OD. One near Van Buren and the second near Herndon Community Center, just west of Ferndale, Ave. They are both oddly placed... in the middle of the grass at least 15-20 feet from the trail and black/low to the ground. I almost missed them.

Tom
    Would anyone object if a sign pointing to the fix it station suddenly appeared on the side of the trail?

11. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Would anyone object if a sign pointing to the fix it station suddenly appeared on the side of the trail?
    Sometimes that happens.

13. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VA2DC View Post
    That's too bad. Have you thought about using wire rope like the commercial bike repair stations? Aluminum ferrules require a swaging tool for installation, but even bolt-on rope clips would slow down most would-be thieves. Certainly more theft-proof than parachute cord.
    Looks like I'm going to have to head this direction. The replacement tools didn't last a week. Open to suggestions on the best method of attaching the wire rope to the body of the library. The screw-in eyes that I'm currently using can be easily unscrewed and the thief could just take the tools and wire rope all together home to detach at their leisure.