Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: How not to lose your sunglasses and other cycling accessories

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb How not to lose your sunglasses and other cycling accessories

After losing several sunglasses on Metro and trails, I found a solution when I want to put my sunglasses in my pocket for a long time, like when shopping or long Metro trips. Sunglasses retainers work, but sooner or later I want to put them in my pocket. Below is a picture of one thing I already tried that works. You just get a small clothespin, and attach it to the carrying pouch that comes with most sunglasses. If you don't have one, here is a set of 4 from Amazon. I have seen my sunglasses dangling from my pocket at least 3 or 4 times with the modified carrying pouch, so it already saved me time and money. You can get the clip I used from either Jo-Ann Fabrics, or Michael's. They both sell small clothespin of various colors, mostly they are 1" long, but I haven't tried them.

In addition to that, I have printed my cell phone number in small font on a white piece of paper, and used clear tape to attach it to the sunglasses' side. There is no need to use sticky paper. The message reads "If found, TXT 123-456-7890". To save paper, when experimenting with font sizes, just make duplicate lines with different font sizes on the same piece of paper, then cut the one you want. If you don't have a printer, get a label printer. They are about $10 to $20. Do the same for other things on the bike that might fall, like saddle bags, lights, etc.

Hope this helps!

Name:  SunglassesHolderSmall.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  22.5 KB

2. Likes highline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know right! I too always tend to loose my sunglasses but now whenever I buy a pair from City sunglass I get a free pouch and a sunglass special case for protection from scratches and moisture. It's very good and I always keep it with me whenever I go.

4. Dislikes josh, n18, rcannon100 disliked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnneLagarde View Post
    I know right! I too always tend to loose my sunglasses but now whenever I buy a pair from City sunglass I get a free pouch and a sunglass special case for protection from scratches and moisture. It's very good and I always keep it with me whenever I go.
    I bought a pair of sunglasses from City Sunglass and the free pouch infested my house with bed bugs. I definitely would not recommend buying anything from City Sunglass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I bought a pair of sunglasses from City Sunglass and the free pouch infested my house with bed bugs. I definitely would not recommend buying anything from City Sunglass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Wut?
    He is trolling the spammer.

9. Likes Judd liked this post