Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screening of Le Ride on November 9th at Ballston

Post Thanks / Like

Default Screening of Le Ride on November 9th at Ballston

I bought 2, so they need to sell 43 more tickets to do the screening. Certainly, there have to be that many people who would want to see this.

https://tickets.demand.film/event/2286/

LE RIDE follows Phil Keoghan and his friend Ben Cornell as they attempt to recreate the original route of the 1928 Tour de france. Averaging 240 kilometres a day for 26 days, Phil and Ben traverse both the unforgiving mountains of the Pyrenees and the Alps, on original vintage steel racing bikes with no gears and marginal brakes. The documentary takes inspiration from the remarkable true story of Australians Sir Hubert Opperman, Ernie Bainbridge and Percy Osborne, and New Zealander Harry Watson as the first English speaking team to compete in the Tour de France. They arrived after six weeks at sea, under-trained and under-resourced, untested and completely written off by the French media. The 1928 Tour was the toughest in history a hell on wheels race of attrition. Only 41 finished out of 161 starters yet remarkably three were from the Australasian team. This extraordinary story of achievement against the odds has never been told on film until now.

LE RIDE
    PROMOTED BY DEMAND FILM
    Date: Thu, Nov 9, 2017 6:30 PM
    Where: Regal Ballston Common Stadium 12
    Ballston Common Mall, Arlington, VA, 22203, United States
    You are invited to a special one night only screening of Phil Keoghan's (The Amazing Race) documentary Le Ride

Tickets:
    Adult: $13.70
    Additional booking fee of $1.75 per ticket.

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Le Ride earlier this year and thought it was really entertaining. It was humorous and did a good job of highlighting how brutal the 1928 Tour de France was. Would recommend.

Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm buying a ticket. If we have critical mass, perhaps a 2nd Thursday pre-movie or post-movie libation get together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I saw Le Ride earlier this year and thought it was really entertaining. It was humorous and did a good job of highlighting how brutal the 1928 Tour de France was. Would recommend.
    Can confirm. Very good film.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I'm buying a ticket. If we have critical mass, perhaps a 2nd Thursday pre-movie or post-movie libation get together.
    Phil Keoghan has two other movies about bicycling that would be great for Dinner and a Movie if they haven't been used already.

Post Thanks / Like

Now just 34 tickets need to be bought. C'mon people ... BUY!

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an email saying that they have now sold enough tickets to hold the screening on Thursday, Nov 9.

So if you were holding out to see if it was actually going to happen, you can still buy a ticket here.

Name:  le ride.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  46.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized the day after this is a federal holiday, so I bought a ticket. I appreciate them scheduling this on a night I can stay out late

11. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I just realized the day after this is a federal holiday, so I bought a ticket. I appreciate them scheduling this on a night I can stay out late
    OH! Good point! IN!

13. Likes Steve O, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming the movie ends by 8:20, who is up for getting a post-movie beverage?

I suggest Crafthouse, just up the street. I have not been there and am open to other suggestions (Uncle Julio's? Pepita Cantina?)

The web site says it's sold out, but when I went to Fandango it looked like I could still buy, maybe. Either way, you can still join for drinking (go see the Thor movie or A Bad Mom's Christmas instead)