Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: tubeless valve leaking air

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    There are a handful of manufacturers making tubeless carbon rims where the rim bed isn't drilled for spoke holes, but the spoke bed is drilled for normal spoke nipples. To lace the wheels, you need to drop the spoke nipple into the rim through the valve stem hole, then finagle it into position. Just a tiny bit tedious. But no need for sealing tape.
    I wonder what the average number of installed spokes is before someone throws the whole thing out a window.

hozn is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    I wonder what the average number of installed spokes is before someone throws the whole thing out a window.
    This is exactly why I've never even considered building one of these I think for me it would be 1, maybe 2.

(Tape is so easy to install and adds negligible weight, so I'll always choose that option rather than a wheel that is a pain to build or, heaven forbid, repair.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    This is exactly why I've never even considered building one of these I think for me it would be 1, maybe 2.

(Tape is so easy to install and adds negligible weight, so I'll always choose that option rather than a wheel that is a pain to build or, heaven forbid, repair.)
    I wonder if you could do the same thing as in this video (at 2:46):

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I wonder if you could do the same thing as in this video (at 2:46):
    I think you can, yeah. That video does make it look easy. Probably the second time I accidentally lost the nipple in there after removing the magnet I'd be kicking myself, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Otherwise forget using a thread-on Lezyne pump head.

(Honestly, I have never understood why people go through the hassle of putting in sealant through the valve stem.)

Lezyne has a new design hose that no longer backs out valves. It is compatability with all the older pumps.

I put sealant through valve stems every month in every tire. Why? Some tires are so hard to seat and sealant dries up in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymo853 View Post
    Lezyne has a new design hose that no longer backs out valves. It is compatability with all the older pumps.

I put sealant through valve stems every month in every tire. Why? Some tires are so hard to seat and sealant dries up in a few weeks.
    On their portable/hand pumps? I've tried a few Lezyne heads on floor pumps; the more traditional double-barelled head actually works well, but their other push on or "half-twist" heads worked terribly for me.

I use the Silca push-on head on my Lezyne dirt drive now.

For me sealant lasts closer to a few months, though it probably depends on a number of factors (?)