Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Maine Avenue is Combat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    This is the cycletrack after a show at the Anthem.

Just do this!

2. Likes Judd, ursus liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my.

This AM the PBL looked about as successful at being a PBL as ever. We actually had a regular little "paceline" going, with four bikes headed eastbound - including one guy on a drop bar road bike who passed me as I entered the PBL (!) . Another rider was heading WB on the PBL. The construction workers were actually scooting across the PBL, as if it were a PBL, rather than walking in it.

Until.

As we got to the east end, near Velocafe, there was some swerving and shouting. From as much as I can recollect, it was an oblivious pedestrian strolling across the PBL. The roadie was following the "paceline" leader (who was slow - or at any rate rode like me - I had seen him at LBJ grove (before I lost sight of Bob James and Wheels&Wings), and again on Maine, so we were doing about the same speed) perhaps too closely? I think the leader stopped appropriately, and Mr Roadie swerved into the left lane of the PBL to avoid hitting him, and had to stop pretty sharply to not hit the pedestrian.

Thankfully no collision took place. First near miss I have seen on the PBL though. The kicker, aside from the involvement of a roadie in the PBL - the oblivious pedestrian was a cyclist, walking over to his parked bike. Good thing there was no collision, as the embarrassment on the part of a couple of people would have been very great, I would think.

Maine Avenue - good for entertainment, and not just at the Anthem and Arena Stage.

4. Likes kwarkentien, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lordofthemark, you mean something like this?

6. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by napes View Post
    lordofthemark, you mean something like this?
    The video doesn't work.