Likes Likes:  136
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Maine Avenue is Combat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    So... I'm biking from Foggy Bottom to the Nats game tonight. I don't do this often. Google maps says to go to the mall, around the Monument, and then onto Maine Ave. all the way to P street. I'm thinking that's not the way to go, right? Due to Maine Ave. messiness?

Suggestions?
    You can also cut across the mall to 4th st SW (which has a bike lane), take it to I street (also has a bike lane), and take that to First street, and take that to Nat's Park. This is the way I go from work. I street is pretty easy to bike on, and it minimizes the amount of stadium traffic you have to deal with compared to Steve O's route which has you biking on the sidewalk around the stadium, which can sometimes get dicey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	18299

2. Likes streetsmarts, Judd, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    You can also cut across the mall to 4th st SW (which has a bike lane), take it to I street (also has a bike lane), and take that to First street, and take that to Nat's Park. This is the way I go from work. I street is pretty easy to bike on, and it minimizes the amount of stadium traffic you have to deal with compared to Steve O's route which has you biking on the sidewalk around the stadium, which can sometimes get dicey.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    You could do this instead:
    - Go across the mall to 4th Street.
    - Take 4th all the way to P
    - P to S. Capitol St.
    - Cross at the crosswalk onto the apron around the park
    - Circle around behind to get to the bike valet. (The map below puts you on the street, but it's better to cross S. Capitol at P)

Name:	FB to Nats park.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	18298

Don't sneer at us riff-raff up in the 400 level seats.
    Quick advisory on 4th St SW down to P St SW- DC is digging for utility work. You will contend with steel plates for a short while.

5. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time!

7. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took this route and it was good, thanks!

9. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Goddamn, really!? In no way, does that resemble a road. Wow. So now I'm guessing the next step will be to install bollards to make even more obstacles to weave around, in addition to all the pedestrians....
    There are indeed bollards now.