Likes Likes:  125
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Maine Avenue is Combat

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    With the new curb cuts at the end of the L'Enfant Promenade, and after much practice has improved my ability to gracefully navigate the switchbacks, I will be leaving DC via the Case Bridge from now on unless I want to go someplace at the Wharf first.
    Of course I still regularly encounter pedestrians on the Case bridge when I ride there in the PM. Its not like one avoids all conflicts on that route (and I still take the sidewalks on that one block of G to get to it, and there are usually peds there too).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Of course I still regularly encounter pedestrians on the Case bridge when I ride there in the PM. Its not like one avoids all conflicts on that route (and I still take the sidewalks on that one block of G to get to it, and there are usually peds there too).
    The Case bridge is of course not a guaranteed zero-conflict route, but then I've never had to navigate through multiple busloads of meandering, non-English speaking tourists who have never heard a bike bell before up there, so there is that.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    The Case bridge is of course not a guaranteed zero-conflict route, but then I've never had to navigate through multiple busloads of meandering, non-English speaking tourists who have never heard a bike bell before up there, so there is that.
    Oh but that's on the part past the PBL. I've been dealing with that since back when Water Street existed. They thus provoke nostalgia, and, being seasonal, are much like the swallows of Capistrano.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone who uses the PBL at about the same time daily been checking the Bikeometer to see if usage has been increasing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    Has anyone who uses the PBL at about the same time daily been checking the Bikeometer to see if usage has been increasing?
    Nah, got my hands full trying to avoid pedestrians on the PBL

6. Likes Steve O liked this post