Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesdays from Washington (State)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. You’re making a compelling case for me to take a bike vacation there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've officially been in the Seattle area for a month now, and there's still so much more to explore. Here's more from Washington!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_SODO_trail.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	15570
    View of the Stadium light rail station from the SODO ("SOuth of DOwntown") Trail which runs alongside the light rail for about a mile (I have an upcoming video in the works for this short-but-sweet trail) - the station is about a half mile from both Safeco Field (baseball) and CenturyLink Field (football & American football)

Name:	2_fremontBridge.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	15571
    On my way to a Cascade group ride, I encountered this slight traffic delay at the Fremont Bridge - also, no, I was not riding the Limebike in front of me

Name:	3_walrusBike.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	15572
    Walrus on a bike! The muralist is Ryan Henry Ward (goes by Henry), and he's a local artist to the area - my favorite kind of art is street art, whether it's mural and/or graffiti - Henry's website is here: http://www.ryanhenryward.com/

Name:	4_springbrookTrail.jpg 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	15573
    Boardwalk on the Springbrook Trail in Renton - I have only ridden it once, but will let y'all know what it's like when wet

Name:	5_ikeaTrip.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	15574
    IKEA is less than a half hour bike ride away, WOOHOO! Back in VA, I lived about a 2 hour ride from either IKEA, so this was a welcome discovery - note in the pic, I overestimated the size of my bike trailer and had a bit of bumping against the rear wheel, but I still got my shelf home

4. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe I see a lime green Freezing Saddles band on the top tube of your bike at IKEA. Well done.

6. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    I believe I see a lime green Freezing Saddles band on the top tube of your bike at IKEA. Well done.
    Yeah, that is my commuter bike (and trailer) which I brought with me from VA; I had left all my FS stuff on it. Btw, there are actually 2 FS bands (top tube and front fork) and 3 FS tags (all on bike bag, one facing the other way) in the pic if you use a keen eye

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I want to let you know that I received the book that y'all signed. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm reading a few notes from it each day, and it helps me get through the homesickness.

For this week, I've got photos from a ride I did the other day that just about made me fall in love with Seattle a second time. I went on a ride after picking my Chinook bike up from the bike shop (had to remove and replace a screw attaching the bike rack to the bike that had sheared off) that took me around Elliott Bay at sunset. I've only attached 5 pics here, but the scenery was just majestic.

I rode on the Elliott Bay Trail which goes by a massive container ship loading apparatus (think grain conveyor belts except gigantic) and features multiple sections where the pedestrian path runs completely separately from the bicycle path

Name:	1_elliottBayTrail.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	15589

sunset over Puget Sound from the Elliott Bay Trail (at Elliott Bay Park)

Name:	2_containerShip_pugetSoundSunset.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	15590

viewable seemingly from everywhere around the Seattle area, I caught a glimpse of Mount Rainier in red from (I measured it and added the map to the image) about 60 miles away!

Name:	3_mtRainier_60milesAway.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	15591

riding south of the Seattle Waterfront on my way to West Seattle, this part of the Elliott Bay Trail reminded me of DC's Metropolitan Branch Trail

Name:	4_southElliottBayTrail_alaskanWay.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	15592

I was cyclist #1157 to pass this bike counter (at 7:42 pm) at the West Seattle Bridge, and I saw cyclist #1158 as she was coming the other way on the bridge; it still amazes me to see so many folks passing through sometimes

Name:	5_bikeCounter_westSeattleBridge.jpg 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	15593

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    First off, I want to let you know that I received the book that y'all signed. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm reading a few notes from it each day, and it helps me get through the homesickness.

For this week, I've got photos from a ride I did the other day that just about made me fall in love with Seattle a second time. I went on a ride after picking my Chinook bike up from the bike shop (had to remove and replace a screw attaching the bike rack to the bike that had sheared off) that took me around Elliott Bay at sunset. I've only attached 5 pics here, but the scenery was just majestic.

I rode on the Elliott Bay Trail which goes by a massive container ship loading apparatus (think grain conveyor belts except gigantic) and features multiple sections where the pedestrian path runs completely separately from the bicycle path

Name:	1_elliottBayTrail.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	15589

sunset over Puget Sound from the Elliott Bay Trail (at Elliott Bay Park)

Name:	2_containerShip_pugetSoundSunset.jpg 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	15590

viewable seemingly from everywhere around the Seattle area, I caught a glimpse of Mount Rainier in red from (I measured it and added the map to the image) about 60 miles away!

Name:	3_mtRainier_60milesAway.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	15591

riding south of the Seattle Waterfront on my way to West Seattle, this part of the Elliott Bay Trail reminded me of DC's Metropolitan Branch Trail

Name:	4_southElliottBayTrail_alaskanWay.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	15592

I was cyclist #1157 to pass this bike counter (at 7:42 pm) at the West Seattle Bridge, and I saw cyclist #1158 as she was coming the other way on the bridge; it still amazes me to see so many folks passing through sometimes

Name:	5_bikeCounter_westSeattleBridge.jpg 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	15593
    We miss ya!! Looks beautiful there!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny story. I've been to Seattle many many times, mostly years ago on connecting flights in and out of Alaska. I've only seen Ranier once! I couldn't stop staring.

12. Likes bobco85 liked this post