Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Dockless Bikeshare - The Dockpocalypse Nears

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    JUMP was better received at last month's ward meeting to discuss DoBi than the other companies because they require you use a supplied U-Lock to end your rental.
    And also because they're fun. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

https://twitter.com/LumberjackCycle/...81242430427136

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I sat on a Lime Bike once and it was waaaaaaay to small for me to ride. I've heard similar from people that are in the 5'8 range (I'm 6'3" so I'm used to not being able to fit on things). I rode a MoBike twice last week. The first time I rode a mile and then abandoned it at a CaBi station since my knees were up in my chest. I rode another one .3 miles in Pentagon City because walking is for chumps.
    That would be the case... I don't know who the LimeBikes are designed for, but I'm 5' 9", and it was way too small, even with the seat post fully extended.

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jctonett View Post
    That would be the case... I don't know who the LimeBikes are designed for, but I'm 5' 9", and it was way too small, even with the seat post fully extended.
    People on this board are apparently unaware that the general riding public has their seat 6-12 inches below where a "cyclist" claims it should go. That's who the limebikes are designed for. True story: if your knees don't stick out sideways at a 45 degree angle as you pedal, you're doing it wrong.

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    People on this board are apparently unaware that the general riding public has their seat 6-12 inches below where a "cyclist" claims it should go. That's who the limebikes are designed for. True story: if your knees don't stick out sideways at a 45 degree angle as you pedal, you're doing it wrong.
    Ah, yes. True that. Those are not our people...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jctonett View Post
    I wonder if dockless bikes entering into the Chinese market first has been the determining factor on the size of the bikes. It looks like from Google that average height for a male in China is 5.575' and 5.975' in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if dockless bikes entering into the Chinese market first has been the determining factor on the size of the bikes. It looks like from Google that average height for a male in China is 5.575' and 5.975' in the US.
    Me: At Ofo opening day party, trying to provide useful feedback about their tiny bikes (I could hardly ride one, and I'm 5'8") without being culturally insensitive
    Ofo staff: All petite Asian women

8. Likes Judd, Emm, rcannon100 liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not complaining.

10. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kojo Show will have a segment on dockless bikes tomorrow.

A few of the folks from the forum are featured in the photo used to promote the segment.

https://thekojonnamdishow.org/shows/...n-the-district

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes dasgeh, Dewey, ginacico, Steve O, Birru and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Audio from the Kojo Namdi show about dockless bikeshare is now available. Go to the link below and click listen.

https://thekojonnamdishow.org/shows/...n-the-district

14. Likes Steve O, Dewey, Drewdane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And now... for some dockless bike share humour!

What do you get when you cross an OFO bike with a MOBIKE?

A MO'FO' bike!!!

(Tell me you saw that coming!)

16. Likes huskerdont liked this post