Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back pain

Post Thanks / Like

Riding 50 states this year on my new bike made my back pretty sore. It got worse and worse until wednesday my back was seized up and I couldnt move. Doc says Sacroiliac joint inflamation, put me on anti inflammation med and I'll start doing PT this week too. I got nothing to say about it besides that it sucks and I hope we both find ways to make it not happen anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Riding 50 states this year on my new bike made my back pretty sore. It got worse and worse until wednesday my back was seized up and I couldnt move. Doc says Sacroiliac joint inflamation, put me on anti inflammation med and I'll start doing PT this week too. I got nothing to say about it besides that it sucks and I hope we both find ways to make it not happen anymore!
    I wondered why your Strava feed had gone quiet.

Only other thing I'd add is that, for me, changing riding position helps. I get out of the saddle more than many just to give the back (and tail) a break. Seems to help.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to get back pain all the time. Specially if my ride was hilly. I decided to start tweaking my saddle height and now the back pain is gone. Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The other thing to do is follow the tradition of generations of men in the Lumberjack family, by taking ibuprofen, never going to a doctor, hoping it goes away and then just suffering for years until a significant other forces you to go to the doctor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    The other thing to do is follow the tradition of generations of men in the Lumberjack family, by taking ibuprofen, never going to a doctor, hoping it goes away and then just suffering for years until a significant other forces you to go to the doctor.
    NSAID pills make for an excellent bowl of cereal each morning. Makes that old adage about breakfast being the most important meal of the day seem all the more true!

Post Thanks / Like

Might it be time to raise your handlebars?

Agree with the PT recommendation. Riding a bike is fun but doesn't do much for building core strength. I've had a bulging disc in my lower back for at least 10 years. PT helped immensely. I would ride there on my bike in pain, and ride away feeling GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Darn. Hope you get some relief too! Sucks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I wondered why your Strava feed had gone quiet.

Only other thing I'd add is that, for me, changing riding position helps. I get out of the saddle more than many just to give the back (and tail) a break. Seems to help.
    I've been doing that a little (out of saddle)... will do that more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semperiden View Post
    I used to get back pain all the time. Specially if my ride was hilly. I decided to start tweaking my saddle height and now the back pain is gone. Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference.
    Gonna def. Move the saddle. Right after this pain settles down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    NSAID pills make for an excellent bowl of cereal each morning. Makes that old adage about breakfast being the most important meal of the day seem all the more true!
    Those are the only thing that relieved my back pain when camping and canoeing recently! Will pop one now!