Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Back pain

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Riding 50 states this year on my new bike made my back pretty sore. It got worse and worse until wednesday my back was seized up and I couldnt move. Doc says Sacroiliac joint inflamation, put me on anti inflammation med and I'll start doing PT this week too. I got nothing to say about it besides that it sucks and I hope we both find ways to make it not happen anymore!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Riding 50 states this year on my new bike made my back pretty sore. It got worse and worse until wednesday my back was seized up and I couldnt move. Doc says Sacroiliac joint inflamation, put me on anti inflammation med and I'll start doing PT this week too. I got nothing to say about it besides that it sucks and I hope we both find ways to make it not happen anymore!
    I wondered why your Strava feed had gone quiet.

    Only other thing I'd add is that, for me, changing riding position helps. I get out of the saddle more than many just to give the back (and tail) a break. Seems to help.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I used to get back pain all the time. Specially if my ride was hilly. I decided to start tweaking my saddle height and now the back pain is gone. Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference.

  4. #14
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,945
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The other thing to do is follow the tradition of generations of men in the Lumberjack family, by taking ibuprofen, never going to a doctor, hoping it goes away and then just suffering for years until a significant other forces you to go to the doctor.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    The other thing to do is follow the tradition of generations of men in the Lumberjack family, by taking ibuprofen, never going to a doctor, hoping it goes away and then just suffering for years until a significant other forces you to go to the doctor.
    NSAID pills make for an excellent bowl of cereal each morning. Makes that old adage about breakfast being the most important meal of the day seem all the more true!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Arlington
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Might it be time to raise your handlebars?

    Agree with the PT recommendation. Riding a bike is fun but doesn't do much for building core strength. I've had a bulging disc in my lower back for at least 10 years. PT helped immensely. I would ride there on my bike in pain, and ride away feeling GREAT.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Riding 50 states this year on my new bike made my back pretty sore. It got worse and worse until wednesday my back was seized up and I couldnt move. Doc says Sacroiliac joint inflamation, put me on anti inflammation med and I'll start doing PT this week too. I got nothing to say about it besides that it sucks and I hope we both find ways to make it not happen anymore!
    Darn. Hope you get some relief too! Sucks!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I wondered why your Strava feed had gone quiet.

    Only other thing I'd add is that, for me, changing riding position helps. I get out of the saddle more than many just to give the back (and tail) a break. Seems to help.
    I've been doing that a little (out of saddle)... will do that more

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by semperiden View Post
    I used to get back pain all the time. Specially if my ride was hilly. I decided to start tweaking my saddle height and now the back pain is gone. Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference.
    Gonna def. Move the saddle. Right after this pain settles down!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    NSAID pills make for an excellent bowl of cereal each morning. Makes that old adage about breakfast being the most important meal of the day seem all the more true!
    Those are the only thing that relieved my back pain when camping and canoeing recently! Will pop one now!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •