Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What commuting sound system should I get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by run/bike View Post
    Not to derail this thread by getting back on topic, but I've heard good things about the Scosche BoomBottle. They make a variety of sizes ranging in price from $34 - $110. As the name implies, it's designed to fit in a bottle cage, and they can get pretty loud according to reviews.

I personally use the Outdoor Tech Buckshot 2.0.

It's much smaller and has no bass. But I clip it on my backpack strap so it's just below my right ear. I can hear my music with only minimal disturbance to other trail users. Since that's not a factor for you, I say boombottle it up!
    For the sole purpose of cranking Cooper's Million Dollar Babies, and ensuring that our toys may be more expensive, but the greatest joys never change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Haha... I was raised in a strict religious environment and my friends and family were sure I was going to hell.
    Don't worry; all the most fun people will be there.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the music in your head isn't enough? There's always a song in my head sos I don't need an external sound system while riding.

When I was in college my father made some comment about when was I going to grow up and out of the metal and punk I listened to. That was 1986; I don't think it's going to happen now, even though all the musicians themselves seem to be dying.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You should get a single earbud and spare your fellow trail users. There's enough noise out there already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes vern, Vicegrip, mstone liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

(I'm quite certain this thread was intended to be satire.)

7. Likes Judd, anomad, Vicegrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Wait—isn't that every thread? I've clearly misinterpreted this entire forum...

9. Likes scoot, Judd, hozn, dasgeh, bentbike33 liked this post
    ELITE bentbike33 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    I am starting to think some folks have an inability to recognize satire. I seem to have a way of stumbling into them the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Haha... I was raised in a strict religious environment and my friends and family were sure I was going to hell.
    I am proud to say I have had fellow atheists tell me I am going to Hell. Carry on, they will get over it.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 09-18-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I suppose the music in your head isn't enough? There's always a song in my head sos I don't need an external sound system while riding.

When I was in college my father made some comment about when was I going to grow up and out of the metal and punk I listened to. That was 1986; I don't think it's going to happen now, even though all the musicians themselves seem to be dying.
    I was right behind you, with music and bikes. In 1990 I got my first "race" bike and Dad chastised me for wasting 300 dollars. Said it was just a phase and I would grow out of it.

I'm thinking home made is the way to go.

I can add a lot of surface mount LED lights for emergency vehicles with strobe patterns and multiple colors and pack my lunch!

12. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    I am starting to think some folks have an inability to recognize satire. I seem to have a way of stumbling into them the hard way.
    In order to make your forum posts containing satire comply with section 508 of the Americans With Disabilities Act, be sure to include the <SATIRE> </SATIRE> tags to ensure equal enjoyment by those with a satire detection disability.

Oh wait, I guess I should have done it this way:

<SATIRE> In order to make your forum posts containing satire comply with section 508 of the Americans With Disabilities Act, be sure to include the <SATIRE> </SATIRE> tags to ensure equal enjoyment by those with a satire detection disability. </SATIRE>

15. Likes scoot liked this post
    ELITE dbb ELITED this post