Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What commuting sound system should I get?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What commuting sound system should I get?

I'd like to listen to my favorite punk and metal bands while I commute along the scenic Mount Vernon Trail. I want something with enough power that I can clearly hear the offensive lyrics over the jets taking off around DCA or passing garbage trucks on 14th street bridge. We all know headphones aren't safe and, besides, no one else can enjoy my ultimate motivational playlist. Where's the fun in that? Weight and cost are no object.

Dreamwave Tremor? Tremor sounds pretty hard core.

JBL Xtreme? Looks pretty bad ass but it might appeal to Country Music fans with the camo?

This one goes up to 11.

2. Likes streetsmarts, hozn, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If weight and cost are no object - why limit yourself to a device that is just a speaker? The Coolest Cooler blends drinks and music with a passion for quality. With more features and fun than any other, you’ll be looking for excuses to get outside and turn good times into great memories.

4. Likes dasgeh, streetsmarts, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the offhand chance you are serious, the SMARTOMI Portable Speaker got a good write-up on some cycling web sites. It is posted on https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LZY29...=3VUJ0VMXOSM7I but not currently available. Hopefully, I can draft off you some day when you playing some offensive punk tunes.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not make your own and be the most DIY bike punk on the trail?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike...Sound-Trailer/

For a serious recommendation, Sunyata, Emm, QuickAF77 and I all use Outdoor Tech's Buckshot 2.0. It's got really long battery life and can turns up loud if you're so inclined.

7. Likes Jenkinms, Sunyata, Emm, anomad liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    hear the offensive lyrics
    Woah woah woah there, tiger. (Good) Punk and metal are cathartic and empowering. You want offensive, play some pop-country shit.

9. Likes Steve O, Emm, AFHokie liked this post
    ELITE huskerdont ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFC View Post
    On the offhand chance you are serious, the SMARTOMI Portable Speaker got a good write-up on some cycling web sites. It is posted on https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LZY29...=3VUJ0VMXOSM7I but not currently available. Hopefully, I can draft off you some day when you playing some offensive punk tunes.
    You're welcome to draft, but you better have very good slow speed balancing skillz. I've been mistaken for a stationary object.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Woah woah woah there, tiger. (Good) Punk and metal are cathartic and empowering. You want offensive, play some pop-country shit.
    It's hard to find music that is universally hated, but pop country is good place to start.

I had to pull up some old favorites this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    It's hard to find music that is universally hated, but pop country is good place to start.

I had to pull up some old favorites this evening.

The question is, are you talking arena metal or metal that scared your parents and your friends?

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Left Field View Post
    The question is, are you talking arena metal or metal that scared your parents and your friends?
    If it scared your parents it was probably good for your soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha... I was raised in a strict religious environment and my friends and family were sure I was going to hell.