Thread: Recent vandalism on the 4 mile run trail

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent vandalism on the 4 mile run trail

I want to report some vandalism I have encountered the past 2 days (by the same person) and am wondering whom I should contact.

Yesterday evening at about 6:00 pm, as I was approaching the underpass of Glebe Rd on the 4 mile run trail, I noticed a loud noise like a fire crackling. As I got closer, I realized that the noise was coming from a small firecracker sitting on the wall next to the trail under Glebe Rd. I noticed an man walking away from the scene.

This morning, at about 7:15 am, as I was approaching the bamboo(?) that is along the north side of the trail near the underpass of 395, I saw a man grab a shoot of bamboo and spread it across the trail. When I got closer, I noticed that the culprit was the same person I saw yesterday.

Who do I contact to report this?

Thanks.

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Arlington police department would be a good place to start. I believe that side of 4 mile run would fall in their jurisdiction. (703) 558-2222 is their non-emergency number. Just tell them what you observed and ask them if they are the appropriate authority to report this to.

And... Thank you.

4. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was he carrying a Miller High Life bottle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

6. Likes Judd, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody has been repeatedly breaking glass near there, so this could be the guy. Please call the cops.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    The Arlington police department would be a good place to start. I believe that side of 4 mile run would fall in their jurisdiction. (703) 558-2222 is their non-emergency number. Just tell them what you observed and ask them if they are the appropriate authority to report this to.

And... Thank you.
    We had the jurisdiction discussion some time back about the lights in these underpasses. I believe both sides of Four Mile Run in a straight line from the intersection of S Four Mile Run Dr and Shirlington Rd, east under I-395, to Four Mile Run where S Four Mile Run Dr starts again near 27th RD S is in Alexandria. The 4MRT under W Glebe Rd is Arlington.