Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introduction and Question on Bike Trailers vs. Panniers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this...I now go so far as to keep 2 spare outfits at work for days when I flat out forget to bring clothing, or something happens to the clothes I've brought. So far this year I've been lucky--the slacks and shirt only got worn once, and that was because at 5 am I thought a sheer white dress and neon pink undergarments would be a good look for a day I had a meeting with the Secretary of my department. Needless to say at 8 am when I was dressing at work I realized maybe that outfit choice wasn't such a good idea after all...

It's also helpful to make friends with the other bike commuters in your office. Between the ones I work with, we have a spare bike lock, multi-tools, tubes, backpacks, sunscreen, and all sorts of other gear that has been passed around when one of us has forgotten something or had something break on us.
    Oh you are not the only one by a long shot. This was early on at the job, and bike commuting, and how the ENTIRE office discovered I biked to work. Apparently, word spread pretty quickly when I started asking around if any of the guys had extra pants. Not exactly quick thinking on my part. I ended up with someone's work out shorts which was better than bike shorts for meetings. But a shirt and tie over gym shorts was not without ridicule. For Christmas....they gave me a pair of Goodwill procured khakis.

2. Likes Amalitza, scoot, Judd, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, I've forgotten:

1. Underwear. (Pantyhose can be considered underwear in a pinch, right?)
    2. Bra. (Sweaty sports bra got rinsed out, then put on damp.)
    3. Shoes. (Biking shoes with an office-appropriate dress is a unique look.)

Fortunately, I have not yet forgotten a dress. Also fortunately, my office supplies towels.

Post Thanks / Like

The bag on the left contains all sorts of goodies to get me through the day when (not if) I forget something.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    The bag on the left contains all sorts of goodies to get me through the day when (not if) I forget something.
    Scotch. The bag on the left has scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes KWL, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Also fortunately, my office supplies towels.
    Dang, what sort of posh place supplies towels to employees?! Got any openings? We are lucky to get toilet paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Dang, what sort of posh place supplies towels to employees?! Got any openings? We are lucky to get toilet paper.
    Well, we've undoubtedly got openings. But getting a whole law degree in order to get free use of towels may be overkill.

9. Likes Crickey7, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Now that I am (temporarily?) no longer in the field, I was quite pleased to find out that the gym and locker rooms at Court House Plaza in Arlington offer towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I've almost always had towels. The brief time I didn't scarred me for life.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Well, we've undoubtedly got openings. But getting a whole law degree in order to get free use of towels may be overkill.
    True, but wheels&wings already has one.

Post Thanks / Like

I commuted in/out of DC on bike for 25 years and always found closet space where I just left suits, shirts, shoes at my offices. I would leave off at cleaners near the office and never haul them back and forth outside of resupply situations. I would haul undergarments and socks using panniers or backpacks, but that was only about once a week. I also have a single wheel folding cargo trailer that I use to haul heavier loads, including suitcases for when I have to travel for business...or move bulky items.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk