Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and Question on Bike Trailers vs. Panniers

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

A forumite is selling a nashbar garment bag on DC Used Bicycle Marketplace for $40

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dcus...06875942876324

save $20 off the online price

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/st...2_563348_-1___

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFC View Post
    I also keep a spare tie and socks in a drawer in my office, given my amazing ability to forget things.
    A friend told me it's also a good idea to keep spare underwear. He said it can be uncomfortable going commando all day.

3. Likes Crickey7 liked this post
    ELITE ronwalf ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    A friend told me it's also a good idea to keep spare underwear. He said it can be uncomfortable going commando all day.
    Indeed. In my office, I keep an extra pair of underwear, and an extra pair of brown and grey dress socks. I have learned from experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Indeed. In my office, I keep an extra pair of underwear, and an extra pair of brown and grey dress socks. I have learned from experience.
    Indeed, the extra pair of pants and belt as well. I can pull it off without the jacket, but without pants...awkward. It's amazing what can be forgotten at 4:30 in the morning.

6. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoes. Cycling shoes are snappy looking when on a bike but a bit odd in the hallway and a hard to walk in.

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    A forumite is selling a nashbar garment bag on DC Used Bicycle Marketplace for $40

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dcus...06875942876324

save $20 off the online price

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/st...2_563348_-1___
    Forum price $30.

To the OP, taking home for dry cleaning you could fit 3-4 suits with jackets easily. Bringing them in I've taken 2 at a time with jackets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Left Field View Post
    Indeed, the extra pair of pants and belt as well. I can pull it off without the jacket, but without pants...awkward. It's amazing what can be forgotten at 4:30 in the morning.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this...I now go so far as to keep 2 spare outfits at work for days when I flat out forget to bring clothing, or something happens to the clothes I've brought. So far this year I've been lucky--the slacks and shirt only got worn once, and that was because at 5 am I thought a sheer white dress and neon pink undergarments would be a good look for a day I had a meeting with the Secretary of my department. Needless to say at 8 am when I was dressing at work I realized maybe that outfit choice wasn't such a good idea after all...

It's also helpful to make friends with the other bike commuters in your office. Between the ones I work with, we have a spare bike lock, multi-tools, tubes, backpacks, sunscreen, and all sorts of other gear that has been passed around when one of us has forgotten something or had something break on us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this...I now go so far as to keep 2 spare outfits at work for days when I flat out forget to bring clothing, or something happens to the clothes I've brought. So far this year I've been lucky--the slacks and shirt only got worn once, and that was because at 5 am I thought a sheer white dress and neon pink undergarments would be a good look for a day I had a meeting with the Secretary of my department. Needless to say at 8 am when I was dressing at work I realized maybe that outfit choice wasn't such a good idea after all...

It's also helpful to make friends with the other bike commuters in your office. Between the ones I work with, we have a spare bike lock, multi-tools, tubes, backpacks, sunscreen, and all sorts of other gear that has been passed around when one of us has forgotten something or had something break on us.
    The worst thing that I forgot once was a towel. I now make sure to bring the new clean towel in BEFORE taking the old towel home. Thankfully the locker room still had paper towels.

I've also forgotten my keys with the key to my bike lock on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post

HAHA

Ok, so I've forgotten my towel before, but I just air dried a bit and accepted slightly wet undergarments for a few hours. I keep 4-5 suits and 8-10 shirts at work along with 2 pairs of shoes and matching belts. I just bring in an undershirt, socks, work underwear, and a second set of underwear for the ride home everyday. I keep thinking I need to bring in an extra of all those and leave them here for worst case scenario. But I'm pretty sure I won't forget anything major in the morning. I have to get my kids ready for kindergarten and daycare and drop them off in the car before coming home and getting on the bike for the ride in. So I have plenty of time to remember forgotten things before I get out of the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    The worst thing that I forgot once was a towel. I now make sure to bring the new clean towel in BEFORE taking the old towel home. Thankfully the locker room still had paper towels.

I've also forgotten my keys with the key to my bike lock on it.
    Never forget your towel you hoopy frood!