Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GBT Closure for Purple Line is coming SOON

Post Thanks / Like

Might be a good opportunity for a repost of the Purple Line Ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As it so happens, I went by the Georgetown Branch just this morning. There is the world's most ineffective barrier up at Jones Bridge. So, the trail is closed, wink-wink.

More pertinent was the closure of Beach Drive at the Maryland-DC line, which forced me to take at least part of one of the unofficial detours, up Woodbine. It wasn't too bad, though climbing out of the Rock Creek valley twice a day will take a lot out of commuters.

4. Likes creadinger, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    As it so happens, I went by the Georgetown Branch just this morning. There is the world's most ineffective barrier up at Jones Bridge. So, the trail is closed, wink-wink.

More pertinent was the closure of Beach Drive at the Maryland-DC line, which forced me to take at least part of one of the unofficial detours, up Woodbine. It wasn't too bad, though climbing out of the Rock Creek valley twice a day will take a lot out of commuters.
    I definitely got a lot of bang out of my 12 mile round trip commute. Some afternoons when I was feeling frisky I would go all the way up to Forsythe.

6. Likes Crickey7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    I definitely got a lot of bang out of my 12 mile round trip commute. Some afternoons when I was feeling frisky I would go all the way up to Forsythe.
    Not Newcastle?