Thread: Farewell BPAC Happy Hour for Bob Svercl and Carrie Sanders, August 24th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Farewell BPAC Happy Hour for Bob Svercl and Carrie Sanders, August 24th

Please join us for a Farewell Happy Hour for Carrie Sanders and Bob Svercl at 5:30 PM Thursday, August 24th on the deck at Triple Craft at 1 Marina Drive, Alexandria, VA. Triple Craft is just off the Mount Vernon Trail at the Washington Sailing Marina.

Carrie Sanders has held positions of increasing responsibility in the City of Alexandria Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) staff for seven years, including three years as Alexandria’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator where she oversaw numerous projects and initiatives that led to Alexandria becoming a more walkable and Bicycle Friendly City. She currently serves as the City’s Deputy Director for Transportation and Transit Services, and will be leaving City staff at the end of August for a position with Montgomery County where she resides.

We will also wish farewell to Bob Svercl. Bob is a BPAC member who has been active in leading rides such as the recent Arlington and Alexandria historical rides, and in capturing and sharing images that illustrate safety concerns for people walking and biking in our area. Bob will be leaving Virginia on 10 September to move to Seattle.

We hope you can join us to thank both Carrie and Bob to their respective contributions to making Alexandria a great place to live, walk and bike and to wish them well in their follow-on pursuits.

FYI: While Triple Craft is known for its Beer, Burgers and Shakes, other beverages, including wine, are available, and other food, such as veggies and hummus will be available. We hope you will join us!

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this!!

Tomorrow, people.

3. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sue and I will do our best. Very dependent on quickly I can finish up my workday.

This had better go longer than an hour...

5. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappily I will not be able to make this.

Post Thanks / Like

I got there super late, but got there nonetheless. Good seeing Bob and the late crowd. And glad I could be of service breaking the seal on dessert.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for coming last night! I think the turnout was great, and I was happy to see much discussion between folks involved in bicycle advocacy from both sides of Four Mile Run; perhaps there will be more future collaboration between the Alexandria BPAC and Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee (Steve O insisted it not be abbreviated when mentioned).

Also, there were super-delicious beers that folks got for me and desserts such as this strawberry rum-amaretto milkshake with candies on top that Steve O got me:

P.S. Y'all are messy! The last one there, I cleaned up everyone's mess and put the chairs away before I left, but I had a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Starduster, streetsmarts liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, sorry I missed the send-off. Am still in contractor/home moving madness. Best wishes on your new adventures. The area is amazing out there and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Especially the non-humid summers. Great places to go hiking and biking.

Thanks for all of the contributions you have made to the area's biking community. We really appreciate it.