Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Potentially Sad News

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Nice. It was 45 years ago (oh crap, it's been THAT long?) our friend flew his cat from D.C. to Louisville. This was before anyone really worried about "just a pet" flying in cargo. We met Scamp at the airport and were pleasantly surprise he was still alive. It sure is good to have other options now.
    My family's cat got to fly as cargo from London to Miami to Orlando in 1987. He did not appear to enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Yep. I'm doing the JetBlue JetPaws program (I love the name!) https://www.jetblue.com/travel/pets/, so my feline friend will be in a carry-on pet carrier under the seat, absolutely miserable that she's stuck in a weird, new environment in a carrier. I was really worried about the prospect of having her in the cargo hold of each flight, so this option was a huge relief.
    Don't forget to bring some cat gum for the cat ear popping.

3. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Too late now, since you've already signed up for the program, but...

You could probably save some money by just doing a swap. Since cats are being euthanized everywhere, it's easy to do a net-zero swap. When you get there, go to the rescue center and take a cat that was likely to be euthanized. Before you leave, toss yours off the 14th St. Bridge or some other free way to rid yourself of it. Makes traveling cheaper and easier to not have to transport it across the country. One dead cat and one pet cat. Same way either way.
    This is why you're chaotic evil and I'm neutral good

5. Likes Starduster, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    ELITE Kitty ELITED this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobco85, you've been a real asset to this region's cycling community, and we're sad to see you go. But I'm sure you're off to fun new adventures. Thank you for everything you've done. And if you want to keep posting your Tuesday tidbits, you could still do that from the West Coast :-)

7. Likes Starduster, lordofthemark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    My family's cat got to fly as cargo from London to Miami to Orlando in 1987. He did not appear to enjoy it.
    How could you tell?

9. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know how the ABPAC will fill your seat on the committee? Hopefully it's someone who is as focused on cycling infrastructure and quality transportation options for everyone NOT in a car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    How could you tell?
    Poop everywhere. He also did. It enjoy the bath afterwards as evidenced by climbing up a tile wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I know Alexandria BPAC has plans that will lead to better effectivity for advocacy, but they are looking for more members (cough, cough, fellow Alexandrians!).

In regards to my feline friend, one idea I have is to limit her food and water intake before the flight. I'll feed her a little and give her water between flights, but hopefully she'll nap through most of it.

As far as Tuesday Tidbits, I'm likely to get into a lot of new activities in Seattle, so that side project might get overridden with other interesting stuff. I will become a sponge once there, so who knows what cool stuff I'll learn!

Lastly, Steve O: in my eyes you're now chaotic neutral instead of chaotic evil because you got me this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Starduster, dasgeh liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who were unable to make last night's happy hour, good news. After about Monday, Bob will be stir crazy with nothing to do, so you can almost certainly arrange to go on a bike ride with him.

...and we will have another happy hour in his honor on either Wednesday or Thursday of Labor Day week. Details TBD. If you feel compelled to weigh in on which day is better, go ahead; it may or may not make any difference.

15. Likes Emm, Birru, Starduster, streetsmarts, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy there's a second chance to say goodbye! I was so sad to have missed the other gathering. But! Not as much as I'm going to miss Bobco!

It has been so wonderful riding with you. You have been an asset to the community, and a rare someone who can out-chit-chat me on a group ride!

I understand Seattle is amazing, so I won't hold it against you that you're leaving... so long as you let us know when you're in town!

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    This is why you're chaotic evil and I'm neutral good
    I've been trying to figure out where I sit on this... are we talking classic 9-align? or 4th edition?

17. Likes Steve O liked this post