Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Potentially Sad News

Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    ... that of course will include seeing everyone when I come back for visits.
    Or when we show up in Seattle

2. Likes streetsmarts, KWL, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Or when we show up in Seattle
    Bobco,
    I'll be in Seattle for work Sep 10-12...

Will you have your bike unpacked by then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, my studio apartment is gonna fill up really fast!

@AFHokie, I'll be flying in Sept. 11 but won't arrive until late evening. Then, since the leasing office will already be closed, I will spend a night in a hotel near my apartment before entering my apartment on Sept. 12. My U-Box will also be arriving that day, so I don't know if I'll be able to unpack the bike until late in the day, plus I need to get supplies (groceries and cat supplies). If you're still in town on the evening of Sept. 12, I'm totally in!

Post Thanks / Like

So how is your cat getting there? In cabin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Cats can totally fly with you in the cabin as long as you get a carrier that fits under the seat. You do have to take them out of their carrier and carry them through the TSA checkpoint, which can lead to people giving you awkward looks. Not that I have experience with this or anything :-/

7. Likes streetsmarts, jrenaut, KWL, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Yep. I'm doing the JetBlue JetPaws program (I love the name!) https://www.jetblue.com/travel/pets/, so my feline friend will be in a carry-on pet carrier under the seat, absolutely miserable that she's stuck in a weird, new environment in a carrier. I was really worried about the prospect of having her in the cargo hold of each flight, so this option was a huge relief.

9. Likes KWL, Starduster, Dewey, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I'm doing the JetBlue JetPaws program (I love the name!) https://www.jetblue.com/travel/pets/, so my feline friend will be in a carry-on pet carrier under the seat, absolutely miserable that she's stuck in a weird, new environment in a carrier. I was really worried about the prospect of having her in the cargo hold of each flight, so this option was a huge relief.
    Good. The temp and cabin pressure you both need.

11. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. It was 45 years ago (oh crap, it's been THAT long?) our friend flew his cat from D.C. to Louisville. This was before anyone really worried about "just a pet" flying in cargo. We met Scamp at the airport and were pleasantly surprise he was still alive. It sure is good to have other options now.

13. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late now, since you've already signed up for the program, but...

You could probably save some money by just doing a swap. Since cats are being euthanized everywhere, it's easy to do a net-zero swap. When you get there, go to the rescue center and take a cat that was likely to be euthanized. Before you leave, toss yours off the 14th St. Bridge or some other free way to rid yourself of it. Makes traveling cheaper and easier to not have to transport it across the country. One dead cat and one pet cat. Same way either way.
    Last edited by Steve O; 08-23-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: One does not just get named HGM without merit, one must earn it.

15. Dislikes Emm, ginacico, Starduster disliked this post
    ELITE bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Too late now, since you've already signed up for the program, but...

You could probably save some money by just doing a swap. Since cats are being euthanized everywhere, it's easy to do a net-zero swap. When you get there, go to the rescue center and take a cat that was likely to be euthanized. Before you leave, toss yours off the 14th St. Bridge or some other free way to rid yourself of it. Makes traveling cheaper and easier to not have to transport it across the country. One dead cat and one pet cat. Same way either way.
    It's kind of a short bridge and cats are good swimmers? Might not balance out.

17. Likes Steve O, Emm, streetsmarts liked this post