Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: STRAVA.... or it didn't happen

  1. #1
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,246
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hilarious.

    #This shit is pointless

    Am I the only person that has never used Strava?

  3. #3
    TwoWheelsDC's Avatar
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reads like the author studied Satire at the Rainier Wolfcastle School of Comedy.

  4. #4
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Reads like the author studied Satire at the Rainier Wolfcastle School of Comedy.
    Last edited by rcannon100; 08-16-2017 at 10:10 AM.

  5. #5
    TwoWheelsDC's Avatar
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Hilarious.

    #This shit is pointless

    Am I the only person that has never used Strava?
    There were what, nearly 300 local riders who participated in Freezing Saddles this past winter? They all used Strava--not only to track miles, but to plan team rides and provide encouragement--and many wouldn't have ridden at all during those 3.5 months were it not for the competition. Scale that up and you get the National Bike Challenge, which also relies heavily on Strava and other social media exercise apps. Pretty cool if you ask me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for posting. I thought the article was really funny, and reminded me of something that would be in the Onion.

  7. #7
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    There were what, nearly 300 local riders who participated in Freezing Saddles this past winter? They all used Strava--not only to track miles, but to plan team rides and provide encouragement--and many wouldn't have ridden at all during those 3.5 months were it not for the competition. Scale that up and you get the National Bike Challenge, which also relies heavily on Strava and other social media exercise apps. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    If it weren't for Freezing Saddles and Strava, I would only know one other person that rides a bike. Strava is great for agoraphobics like me that are unlikely to engage strangers in person.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    If it weren't for Freezing Saddles and Strava, I would only know one other person who rides a bike. Strava is great for agoraphobics like me who are unlikely to engage strangers in person.
    What hath we wrought!!

  9. #9
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    If it weren't for Freezing Saddles and Strava, Steve O and I wouldn't be best friends.
    Fixed it For Myself

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •