Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MVT in the vicinity of DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Glass breaker seems to be back in action this morning. The airport underpass at Smith Blvd (the underpass at the south end of the airport that was reconstructed last year.)
    Spoke to a Park Police officer who said they had done a stakeout 'and I guess we need to do it again.'
    I was wondering why I hadn't seen any glass for a couple weeks. Guess the park police need to work on their undercover skills and actually catch this person!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibby View Post
    Glass breaker seems to be back in action this morning. The airport underpass at Smith Blvd (the underpass at the south end of the airport that was reconstructed last year.)
    Spoke to a Park Police officer who said they had done a stakeout 'and I guess we need to do it again.'
    I was wondering why I hadn't seen any glass for a couple weeks. Guess the park police need to work on their undercover skills and actually catch this person!!!!!!!!!
    Also, for those who use Holmes Run Trail, at the bridges underneath metro on the lower half after Eisenhower, there has been glass on several mornings. I have pushed it off the trail and called Alexandria police. They said they would monitor. Also, watch out for the pedestrian overpass on Seminary/395. Glass has shown up for the last several weeks. I really don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

High Life Low Life is back. 10 am Sunday, Sept 17, first bridge after Gravelly Point heading south. Lots of glass. Miller High Life label w/broken glass still sticking to it right in the middle. All other bridges and underpasses were clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    High Life Low Life is back. 10 am Sunday, Sept 17, first bridge after Gravelly Point heading south. Lots of glass. Miller High Life label w/broken glass still sticking to it right in the middle. All other bridges and underpasses were clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    I am teleworking today so I didn't put Bob's brooms into service. He gave me two so I need to find another sweeper that will haul one around.
    Hey, get back to (commuting to) work! And someone else on this forum, you need to get the other broom I gave him to help!

Just because I'm on the other side of the country doesn't mean I can't still nag you to help

5. Likes streetsmarts, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I saw a park police officer photographing some of the broken glass on that bridge this morning. Not sure what they will do with the information, but at least they seem to be documenting the problem to some degree.

7. Likes KLizotte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    you need to get the other broom I gave him to help!
    Is there a hidden broom? I didn't see one.

Rode by this AM and all appeared to be clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Hey, get back to (commuting to) work! And someone else on this forum, you need to get the other broom I gave him to help!

Just because I'm on the other side of the country doesn't mean I can't still nag you to help
    Rode in today. Just a few old remnants of a bottle near the airport so I didn't put the broom into service. I haven't hidden one in the bushed because I am afraid it will end up like DBBs...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Rode in today. Just a few old remnants of a bottle near the airport so I didn't put the broom into service. I haven't hidden one in the bushed because I am afraid it will end up like DBBs...
    I have reconciled my loss. The broom is free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freedom.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	15477

11. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a flat this morning on the MVT after passing the airport, which could have been caused by glass (though my tires need replacing too). Thanks to Paula and Tony for the help.

13. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Dislikes vern disliked this post
    ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MVT in the vicinity of DCA

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    I got a flat this morning on the MVT after passing the airport, which could have been caused by glass (though my tires need replacing too). Thanks to Paula and Tony for the help.
    And neither of them stopped you from the blatant rule 49 violation? For shame.
    Last edited by ShawnoftheDread; 09-21-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Spies everywhere

15. Likes Steve O liked this post