Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MVT in the vicinity of DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Good information. I will add that to my case record in the off chance the NPS law enforcement takes me up on my offers to help inform them. I might have to just go there and request an audience?

The farthest south I have seen glass is under the Smith Boulevard bridge here 38.847099, -77.048594 And the torn paper almost always starts here by the water fountain 38.847836, -77.048079 So I have been thinking that Miller (for short) crossed over the 26th street/ Airport Access Road bridge to begin his morning. There is a McDonald's restaurant right across the Airport Access road bridge, that may be where he's foraging in the trash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Good information. I will add that to my case record in the off chance the NPS law enforcement takes me up on my offers to help inform them. I might have to just go there and request an audience?

The farthest south I have seen glass is under the Smith Boulevard bridge here 38.847099, -77.048594 And the torn paper almost always starts here by the water fountain 38.847836, -77.048079 So I have been thinking that Miller (for short) crossed over the 26th street/ Airport Access Road bridge to begin his morning. There is a McDonald's restaurant right across the Airport Access road bridge, that may be where he's foraging in the trash.

Yes, agreed on the likely route. He probably returns via Crystal City connector, or u-turns at the end of the north airport bridge, back onto the airport sidewalks. Sleeping in the airport or on the grounds?

There are two overhead cameras on the fence between the airport exit and Gravelly Point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There is now a broom on the MVT bridge closest to the Crystal City Connector. Not sure how long it will last.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170820_173306.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	15372

4. Likes dasgeh, LhasaCM, bobco85, anomad liked this post
    ELITE Emm, komorebi, Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think hanging the broom in a nearby tree is the most stealth and easily accessible option. But I will use the shit out of it if I see glass in the mornings.

I'm off till Thursday this week though...

6. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that turned out badly. At 0700 the broom was gone and there was glass (fresh since 1700 yesterday) on both bridges north of the connector. I'm conceding that Anomad's stealth approach may have been better.

Broom. We hardly knew you.

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Well that turned out badly. At 0700 the broom was gone and there was glass (fresh since 1700 yesterday) on both bridges north of the connector. I'm conceding that Anomad's stealth approach may have been better.

Broom. We hardly knew you.
    I'm happy to chip in for the next broom if someone wants to buy and hide it somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for the contribution but my broom hiding skills clearly suck so the home for the next one is on someone else

11. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, you're in luck as I have 2 deck brushes that I no longer need and cannot bring with me to Seattle! I will PM everyone involved on this thread to determine a workable solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope it's a broom drone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Morning Glass

The glass was on both bridges Monday morning around 9:30.