Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MVT in the vicinity of DCA

Post Thanks / Like

If you encounter glass on the bridge just north of the CC Connector, the longer bridge near the fence, and along the fenceline; please call the NPS (numbers below) and post details below (location, date and who you called). That will help us chronicle the input to the NPS.

Alexcy Romero, Superintendent
    703‑289‑2500

Tony Migliaccio, Chief of Maintenance
    703‑419‑6412

US Park Police (non-emergency number)
    202-610-7505

Thanks

2. Likes honestmachinery, anomad, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our friend does venture further south some nights. This morning the glass is in the underpass at Airport Access Road, along with new bits of torn up paper.

Left message with Jeffrey Hitchcock (at the Tony M. number). Spoke to (a very chipper) person at the 289-2500 general number, who said the park police are in the process of setting up cameras. Spoke to park police who said "we are getting moving."

4. Likes rcannon100, anomad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibby View Post
    Our friend does venture further south some nights. This morning the glass is in the underpass at Airport Access Road, along with new bits of torn up paper.

Left message with Jeffrey Hitchcock (at the Tony M. number). Spoke to (a very chipper) person at the 289-2500 general number, who said the park police are in the process of setting up cameras. Spoke to park police who said "we are getting moving."
    Yep. Glass on CC connector overpass bridge at 0830, as well, this Thursday morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I also noticed the paper this morning. Had the opportunity to ride MVT yesterday AM (clean) and today. Neither paper nor glass was there yesterday. This is weird.

This has also been brought to the attention of ACPD. I know MVT is not their jurisdiction, but in case things spread to Crystal City streets.

7. Likes Steve O liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

park police who said "we are getting moving."
    So, this will be resolved sometime by 2019, eh?

9. Likes Judd, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you expecting the same police response to bicyclists wearing headphones and rolling stop signs in olde Towne Alexandria?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    So, this will be resolved sometime by 2019, eh?

11. Likes rcannon100, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brooms have been reallocated as of this morning (yawn), so hopefully things will improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Judd, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very large pile of glass and not just bits, but good size pieces, just north of the north airport overpass, which seems to be the culprit's preferred location.
    Reported to the Park Service maintenance and Park Police, who took my name and number for the first time, so just maybe they're taking these reports more seriously???

Keep up the calls to the Park Police 202 610-7505. The officers I've spoken to have been responsive and they're definitely getting frustrated with the situation (or maybe it's just the phone calls).

15. Likes creadinger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am teleworking today so I didn't put Bob's brooms into service. He gave me two so I need to find another sweeper that will haul one around.

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Brooms have been reallocated as of this morning (yawn), so hopefully things will improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very large pile of glass and not just bits, but good size pieces, just north of the north airport overpass, which seems to be the culprit's preferred location.
    Reported to the Park Service maintenance and Park Police, who took my name and number for the first time, so just maybe they're taking these reports more seriously???

Keep up the calls to the Park Police 202 610-7505. The officers I've spoken to have been responsive and they're definitely getting frustrated with the situation (or maybe it's just the phone calls).
    I just called about it and the guy re-directed me to the maintenance dept... 703-419-6400 Option #4

Hopefully it will be cleaned up before the commute home. Now back to preventing this in the first place.....