Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: n+1, a road bike edition

Post Thanks / Like

Zone is sold out. Checking on availability for the Liscio.

I'd probably kill myself riding that 665g Trek frame anyway.

2. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious to know why you are opposed to getting a second wheelset for your Warbird to put slicks on? Is the geometry too relaxed for what you are looking for?

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default n+1, a road bike edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Curious to know why you are opposed to getting a second wheelset for your Warbird to put slicks on? Is the geometry too relaxed for what you are looking for?
    Wait, are you discouraging her from getting another bike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Wait, are you discouraging her from getting another bike?
    It's fair, I was questioning Sunyata's imminent n+1 purchase just the other day.

The warbird is great and putting slicks on it is fine for now. But I can feel the difference when I get on it after riding the Supernova (which is less slack) and vice versa. Plus I'm tired of hearing a certain someone tell me that I'd be much much faster if only I were on a "real road bike" with 23s at 120psi*.

*I'm never riding those tires at that pressure.

6. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I'd be much much faster if only I were on a "real road bike" with tubeless 25s at 80psi*
    Fixed that for you

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Plus I'm tired of hearing a certain someone tell me that I'd be much much faster if only I were on a "real road bike" with 30s at 60psi*.
    I fixed it again. Wait, I see a trend.

Honestly, the bike won't make any measurable difference. Tires will. But I'm not discouraging you from n+1ing. I just wanted to share my experience where I've got one bike that can pretty much do anything from light MTB to road racing with just a wheel swap -- and feels fantastic great doing any of it, and another bike that is feels great doing one thing, riding/racing on pavement. When I broke a spoke chasing Subby up a WedsMorning Hill, I swapped my road wheelset onto my commuter (tubeless 28s on 50mm carbon rims). And I immediately had a thought stream that went something like: "Wow this bike feels fast. Wow, this feels a lot like my road bike, actually, with maybe a little more relaxed steering. Wait, why on earth do I have two bikes that are so similar?"

I do think going to XD with a little 10 cog would make sense for me, so I would do that if I decided to really consolidate down to just one pavement-or-not bike.

9. Likes vern liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zone is sold out. Checking on availability for the Liscio.
    Susan (Ssm508) and I have a new leftover 50cm Liscio. I'll have to look in the box to see exactly what build it has, but I think its Dura-Ace or Di2 Ultegra.

Be happy to arrange a test drive if that's your size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Susan (Ssm508) and I have a new leftover 50cm Liscio. I'll have to look in the box to see exactly what build it has, but I think its Dura-Ace or Di2 Ultegra.

Be happy to arrange a test drive if that's your size.
    How does one have a "new, leftover" Liscio? Leftover from what? No wonder you have to sell all those bikes, you got things with Di2 sitting around in boxes??

12. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    I fixed it again. Wait, I see a trend.

Honestly, the bike won't make any measurable difference. Tires will. But I'm not discouraging you from n+1ing. I just wanted to share my experience where I've got one bike that can pretty much do anything from light MTB to road racing with just a wheel swap -- and feels fantastic great doing any of it, and another bike that is feels great doing one thing, riding/racing on pavement. When I broke a spoke chasing Subby up a WedsMorning Hill, I swapped my road wheelset onto my commuter (tubeless 28s on 50mm carbon rims). And I immediately had a thought stream that went something like: "Wow this bike feels fast. Wow, this feels a lot like my road bike, actually, with maybe a little more relaxed steering. Wait, why on earth do I have two bikes that are so similar?"

I do think going to XD with a little 10 cog would make sense for me, so I would do that if I decided to really consolidate down to just one pavement-or-not bike.
    This is where I need to go...been staring at craigslist and ebay for cyclocross bikes, but really, I need one bike where I can just swap out wheel sets and get what I want. That said, I'm killing myself for not jumping on this Litespeed Titanium bike I saw on craigslist a couple weeks ago...of course, it's gone.

15. Likes hozn liked this post