Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  8
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Great Pumpkin Ride 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I talked with reji about this earlier today. The most distinctive parts of the costume are the head and the torso, so you could probably get away with cutting the hood off and attaching that to your helmet, turning the torso into a vest, and wrapping appropriately colored ribbons at your elbows, wrists, and knees.

Does anyone besides kitty need a ride, and does anyone have extra space in their car? I'm giving lordofthemark a lift and have space for one more (although LSG has dibs unless someone else needs it more).

Finally, what time is everyone thinking of getting there? I was planning to get there around 8:30 a.m., to allow time for check-in before the official 9:00 a.m. start. But I could also start earlier.
    I can pick up Kitty, since CrossRip drivers need to stick together. I think Wheels&Wings asked about hitching a ride at some point and can swing by on the north Arlington tour to get her too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have room for one, but my fork-mount bike rack won't work with a through-axle fork (if that's an issue for anyone).

An 8:30 arrival for the 9:00 start sounds optimal.

Post Thanks / Like

FFG and I are riding together...I have room for another person but not a bike...9am start sounds good to me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be able to do the ride. Hope everyone has a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Oh no! Thought you were going to be there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I talked with reji about this earlier today. The most distinctive parts of the costume are the head and the torso, so you could probably get away with cutting the hood off and attaching that to your helmet, turning the torso into a vest, and wrapping appropriately colored ribbons at your elbows, wrists, and knees.
    Great idea; thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Same here, and can no longer transfer registration, so it looks like I just made a donation!

Post Thanks / Like

The final piece of my costume has been sorted out and safety pinned together. I knew that the awful free bag that they gave away at the DC bike ride would come in handy someday...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	15637

And thanks Mr.T for the background on twitter on what type of camera I'll be carrying around (a Bell & Howell 35mm hand-cranked silent movie camera apparently!) Not the right era for TMNT, but hopefully not too many people will notice that

Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted a bunch of pictures on Facebook. The TMNT crew ended up in a whole bunch of them: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a totally fun time on a terrifically nice day. Here are a few of the photos I took. I know others took some better ones than these, which I hope they will also share.

Komorebi's Leonardo turtle was awesome! Judd "modified" his (read: tore apart to make less hot) Donatello

Name:	komo judd.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	15652

Scoot was Raphael. Bentbike had a totally fantastic Shredder costume! As a villain deserves, his cape got caught in his wheel halfway through the ride, "shredding" his cape! HA!
    Riding alongside Shredder is reji in her Michelangelo getup.

Name:	scoot reji bentbike.jpg 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	15651

Wheels&Wings was a sexy pizza. Hard to see, but she included pizza slices in the spokes of her wheels (someone else has a better picture of this I am sure).
    Quite appropriately, the pizza was out ahead of the turtles most of the time, luring them onward.

Name:	wheels and wings.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	15650

Mr. Happyonabike dressed as Casey Jones, as did Steve O. Here Casey is pulling Komo, reji, wheels&wings, LSG, and way back, emm

Name:	mr happy steve o pulling.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	15649

Here's the whole gang
    Wheels&wings/pizza, CBGAnimal/Karai (who is blocking bentbike/Shredder).
    Line of cyclists front to back: LSG/Krang, reji/Mike, Kitty/footclan ninja, Judd/Don, Fast Friendly Guy/some sort of pumpkin-headed dude

Name:	whole gang.jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	15657
    Last edited by Steve O; 10-30-2017 at 09:44 PM.